Complaint Review: NCO Debt Management Services

Nationwide United States of America
  • Phone: 8002378215
  • Web:
  • Category:

NCO Debt Management Services Consumer Debt Management Plan Run Around on Refund Check. They send will not reply to you. Nationwide

They do not tell you they are NCO Debt Management Services and you cannot find Consumer Debt Management Plan anywhere. However in November of 2009 I received a letter from American Express. It was a refund check dated Nov. 2008 in the amount of $1,448.34 was mailed after it expired. The letter attached to the check stated it was a refund in reference to the account I had with Consumer Debt Management Plan. If I had any questions to call the telephone number listed on the letter. I called that number to let them know I received the check a year later and it is now expired and they transferred my call to a person in India who spoke little English. That person placed my call on hold for 45 minutes then disconnected my call. Later I searched online and found the creditor who was associated with this transaction (American Express). American Express asked me to fax the check and letter to them. They referred me to the Refund Department who issued a case number and told me they would research it, put a stop payment and reissue me a new refund check. They stated I should hear back from them by letter. I never received a letter. I called again in January 2010. They referred me back to Consumer Debt Management Plan because they are not the issuer of the check. So I explained that I was unable to reach Consumer Debt Management Plan at the number given. The representative decided to make internal calls and was able to connect me to NCO Debt Management Solutions. Another case number was issued and another letter was mailed to me telling me to call them. Again the numbers listed are the same numbers given previously. No one has given me the status of my check to this day. They are sending me back and forth between American Express Refund Department and NCO Debt Management Services. When I asked the representative what does NCO stand for she said she did not know. I asked her to find out and she came back on the phone and stated they are just initials. She also referred me back to American Express Refund 1-800-237.8215. The same number that is unable to assist me. I would like to press charges for this and I would like my refund with compensation for the hours I put in on the phone and the runaround I received. Someone has to know something, but they refuse to talk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2010 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO-Debt-Management-Services/nationwide/NCO-Debt-Management-Services-Consumer-Debt-Management-Plan-Run-Around-on-Refund-Check-The-574770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO Debt Management Services