Complaint Review: NCO FINANCIAL SERVICES

• Submitted: Fri, August 05, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 22, 2005

• Reported By:San ANtonio Texas
NCO FINANCIAL SERVICES
507 Prudential Road Horsham, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

NCO FINANCIAL SERVICES ripoff fake credit card account Horsham Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: NCO Financial/Finally a reply

*Consumer Suggestion: *** No reply for me either ***

*Author of original report: they have yet to contact me with verification

*Author of original report: NCO Portfolio Management/AKA/NCO Finacial Services

*Consumer Comment: Good Idea and Not-So-Good Idea

*Consumer Suggestion: Cease and desist

Mark my husband as another victim. This company claims they purchased a debt from Chase Providian in the total amount of 7198.58 including interest. First of all is there actually a company called Chase Providian? Secondly, it seems the common thread for people who are getting this fake debtors letter is a bankrupcy being filed in the early 90's. And last I would like to hear from anybody who has actually gotten a response to their cease and desist letter or validation letter and did it work?

Can this company actually report a debt to the credit agencies that was never yours in the first place?

I went to www.acainternational.org and obtained the name of the Executive VP along with his personal phone number and fax number. Not only will I send my letters via certified mail but I plan on inundating his fax machine with it also!!

I've already reported them to the FTC, I am awaiting the paperwork to complain to my states Attorney Generals office and on Monday I am calling the postal service.

So far I've only received th initial letter, I think they may have been trying to contact me by phone but I never responded because I thought it was a telemarketer.

I certainly hope this company gets what it deserves

Sharon
San ANtonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2005 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO-FINANCIAL-SERVICES/Horsham-Pennsylvania-19044/NCO-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-ripoff-fake-credit-card-account-Horsham-Pennsylvania-152711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO FINANCIAL SERVICES

NCO Financial/Finally a reply

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

We finally got a letter from NCO yesterday stating that the account was closed and we would no longer hear from them. LET'S HOPE SO!!! I'm so happy for this web site or I probably would still be fighting with this company.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

*** No reply for me either ***

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I too have recently passed the 30 day limit for NCO to respond. But I don't think we should assume that we're safe yet. I intend to send them another letter, restating the fact that the debt is invalid and that I requested verification as provided by FCRA.

Then point out that they have not responded within the 30 days AS REQUIRED BY LAW. While this itself is grounds for legal action, as is the original attempt to collect on discharged debts, I will not pursue legal remedies provided the account is closed and I do not receive any further correspondence regarding this matter and it does not appear on my credit report. If the account appears in any form I will pursue any and all legal options available.

they have yet to contact me with verification

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

It will be 30 days this Sunday since I sent my letters to this company, they have yet to contact me with verification of this so called debt. Hopefully I will never here from them again!

NCO Portfolio Management/AKA/NCO Finacial Services

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

I got my response back from the FTC today. It wasn't much help. It basically told me to do what I have already done and what the laws are regarding fair debt collection which I also already knew. There is one other avenue I'm proceeding with and that is to file a complaint with The Association of Credit and Collections Professionals of which NCO is a member. You can get the form emailed to you at www.acainternational.org. Probably won't do any good but anythings worth a try at this point. I also sent cease and desist letters to both addresses of NCO Portfolio and NCO Management. I want to thank whoever brought that to my attention.

Good Idea and Not-So-Good Idea

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Add me to the growing list of early 90's bankruptcies being targeted. I've taken all the necessary steps to resolve this matter on a personal level. Also have notified state Attorney General and USPS Mail fraud regarding this.

One thing I wouldn't do is flood the company fax machine. Could leave you open to being charged with harrassing THEM. Sad but probably true.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Cease and desist

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I have used a Cease and Desist letter once and they "do" work. Make sure you send it certified mail with "return Receipt requested" There are links where you can find these letters, copy and paste them and fill in the information for your particular situation.

I had a run in with NCO 9 months ago. It was a debt I did owe. I called them, paid them in full and have not heard from them since. I just pulled my credit reports only to find that they have been reporting for 9 months for a $15.00 balance. I have my records and will pursue.

Good Luck-