Complaint Review: NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS

• Submitted: Mon, February 13, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, August 25, 2006

• Reported By:St. Martinville Louisiana
NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS
507 Prudential Road, Hosham, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS ripoff Hosham Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: That Michael Character doesn't appear to be knowledgeable

*Consumer Comment: To the NY attorney

*Consumer Suggestion: For "Michael" in NY.

*Consumer Comment: Bravo Michael

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Steve: REMEMBER THE RMA Thread, The equity your home? your position in society?

*Consumer Comment: Thanks to sites like this one, people are getting educated and realizing that they DON'T owe a junk debt buyer anything

*Consumer Comment: It looks like I struck a nerve!.... And I would rather be a lowlife debtor than a lowlife debt collector!

*Consumer Suggestion: Check your credit report

*Consumer Suggestion: What the NCO Ex-employee said is not true

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: NCO Financial Services is larger then you and stronger then you and you can't ever win

*Consumer Suggestion: NCO Group of companies are among the lowest form of bottom feeding debt buyers and collectors. They have paid the largest FTC fines in history for violating the law.

*Consumer Suggestion: Get tough with them they'll be gone very quick

Well this afternoon i got a letter from this company called NCO financial systems inc. saying i owed them 565.83. So i called they told me it was from an Express card, i explained that i never had an express card, they he told me that the name on the acct, was mine and then told me my last 4 digits of my SS#, which scared the h**l out of me,he started to have an attitude, which i told him i will be contacting my attoney gen.I have never owned a express card..Another thing that doesnt make sense is that they say my purchased amount was $318.55 with 6% interest it goes up 247.28 to make the total 565.83..i dopnt think that 6% interest 318 is 247.. well any info would be greatly appreciated, do you think that they just have the last 4 digits of ss and try to scare people to think that they have the whole thing??? again thanks

Andrew
near lafayette, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2006 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO-FINANCIAL-SYSTEMS/Hosham-Pennsylvania-19044/NCO-FINANCIAL-SYSTEMS-ripoff-Hosham-Pennsylvania-176136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS

That Michael Character doesn't appear to be knowledgeable

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

He appears to be someone angry with the system: perhaps his student loans (if he IS educated) went delinquent and were sent to NCO and they were successful in screwing the law student. Oh, well. He is correct about one thing: big companies have lawyers. What he is incorrect about: big company lawyers do not spend time arguing with those who are aware of their rights. They look at the cost of fighting: if it looks like they will get a default judgment, they'll go after it. If someone makes every legal attempt to fight them over a less than $3000 debt, it is not worth the mighty lawyers time to go after it. Of course there are exceptions, but rarely.

Michael: If you're keeping score here, you and NCO lose.
Steven: I've learned alot from you; please keep posting.
All others: PLEASE read and know your Fair Credit Reporting Act rights! Pay the bills that are rightfully yours. Notify in writing (Certified Mail, return receipt requested) creditors the minute something goes wrong. Don't ignore! Don't speak with ANY collection agent that calls you. Put everything in writing. It won't make things 100% perfect, but its WAYYYY better to preserve your rights at the forefront than trying to pick up the pieces after the fact.

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

I too was constantly harrassed by NCO. I finally sent them a letter that I did not own for the credit card they said I owed. They finally stopped bothering me.

For Michael, I lived in Staten Island for 6 years and also worked in NYC. You are not a better person or in a higher class because you live there. NYC is overpriced, dirty and extremely stressful. I have since moved south were the people are alot nicer and no, I don't own a cow but there are farms within my area. It's much nicer to see a farm driving to my children's elementary school than seeing the concrete playground of NYC!

#6 Consumer Suggestion

For "Michael" in NY.

Michael,

I suggest you not look down your nose at someone until you know the facts. FYI...I could hold my own with you any day in court..

I have defeated every action against me for the past 3.5+years and the SOL is up in a few months. That means I have defeated every debt collector and every lawyer who has attempted to collect! Why is that Mr. all powerful scumbag?

You broke the first rule...Never underestimate your opponent..You would lose right away just because of your arrogance.

And..I wouldn't be stupid enough to live in NYC! Why would I want to live like a cockroach and pay an insane amount to live? Who is the real idiot here? Do you think you are better because you live in a "real city" and have to buy a parking space? Parking is FREE here. EVERYWHERE! And I have a full 1 acre lot here, and 3 acres in OKC!. AND we can actually breathe the air in both places without gagging or getting cancer from it!

You lose when you "assume" [ASSuME].

Michael, you are an arrogant condescending piece of garbage, and I doubt that you are actually an attorney, and if you are, you have little experience of just barely graduated law school, because you are a moron.

I have a home in FL and OK and the highest cost home in this very nice neigborhood in Bradenton is approx $250,000 which was only about $175,000 last year and about $125,000 the year before!

Bradenton was ranked as the #1 place to live in the nation last year.

You can keep NYC. I wouldn't live there if you paid me. You are a troll.

Michael, you need to get a grip on reality.

Keep in mind everyone, debt collectors are absolutely powerless to do anything to you. Especially when they have some j*****f like Michael the all powerful super attorney representing them.

Bravo Michael

Bravo Michael!

For a New York City attorney who can afford to spend money on a parking space in a garage, it is a shame you cannot afford some manners or professional courtesy. Though I am a professional with an advanced college degree, unlike you, I am not condescending and have respect for all people in all professions, regardless of how many years in school they spent to acquire that knowledge or their income.

In every thread you post on this site, you appear to be putting someone else down for speaking up for what they feel is right and assuming there is something inferior about them because of their profession, income, or decision to help other people who visit this site for that specific purpose. I am glad for you that you are employed and earn enough to own property in New York City that includes a parking space. But as an attorney, what do you do that justifies your superiority complex? Do you argue cases in front of judges and juries for your clients, or are you one of the associates for a law firm that does paperwork and research for your colleagues? Is it simply a money issue that precludes you from taking on cases for individual clients who feel their rights are being violated by big companies like NCO, or is it that you lack self-confidence in your ability to argue and win such a case?

Putting down other attorneys who do file litigation against big companies like NCO on contingency bases or as class action lawsuits speaks volumes as to the lack of respect you hold for active members in your own profession. Having successfully completed law school, you should know that the law applies to everyone, regardless of profession or income. It is true that the law is open to interpretation by the attorneys, but that does not give corporations like NCO permission to continuously violate the rights of individuals from whom they are attempting to collect money. Just because you choose to argue in favor of the client that can afford your desired fee does not mean there is something wrong with individuals who challenge that client's business practices.

Everyone needs to eat and pay their bills. There is nothing wrong with your limited choice in clientele with money to afford your time and effort. There is nothing wrong, either, with others who choose to stand up for what they believe is right and argue in favor for the not-so-rich client whose rights are being violated. Big companies (NCO included) have been made to pay for violations of individual rights against not-so-rich clients. NCO can afford attorneys to argue on their behalf, but the more individual rights they violate, the less likely they will always win in the future. Eventually, they will either need to change their illegal business practices, or dissolve. And not all the money they have in the world can repair the tarnish they placed on their own reputation.

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Steve: REMEMBER THE RMA Thread, The equity your home? your position in society?

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Steve, I glance every now and then at your posts, not only to amuse myself and laugh at your idiosyncrasies, but to monitor your subordinate southern opinion.

We have been over this before: Your opinion is just that, your are not a professional in any capacity, you own nothing, and you could not afford a parking spot in NY with the equity in your home. So Steve get of your high non-thoroughbred horse, and pull up your no-name trousers and turn off your off-brand yellowish white monitor and get a job. I am an attorney Steve, and any attorney worth retaining would never take on a company as gigantic as NCO without first requiring a very large retainer. One you could not afford with the miniscule amount of equity in your home. Furthermore, any attorney that takes a contingency case or solicits a class for a contingency case to litigate a company as massive of NCO, is a: trying to make a name for themselves, and too junior to properly represent the clients, or b: well paid and retained by an independent government, regulatory or private organization.

You can go ahead and represent yourself Steve. There have been many laid off millwrights, auto mechanics and laborers, that have fired up a paralegal business. You just make the odds better for us. I would love to see your Court of Appeal, and Federal Court records, factums and pleadings. Most "Real Judges" in "Real Cities" would dismiss your complaint, simply for lack of proper form.

There is a very good teaching that "Real Lawyers" learn in "Law School", by a "Real Professor" with a LL.D., it reads "He, who represents himself, has a FOOL for a client", you are the client Steve, you are your only client.

Good luck in Bradenton Steve, what to they do there anyway, Stock trading, investment banking, cow milking! Smile, though, we need people like you to serve us coffee, and fix our cars, and clean our homes.

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

OBVIOUSLY THE REAL STEVE DID STRIKE A NERVE.....

Steve (the real one), look at it this way..you pissed them off enough to where they have to resort to childish antics..props to you! Thanks to sites like this one, people are getting educated and realizing that they DON'T owe a junk debt buyer anything, either legally or morally. That is why they are resorting to new tactics and false document filings, hoping to get a default.

To the NOT authentic "Steve", your obvious anger towards "debtors" and the misuse of that word as an insult is mind-boggling. If you pay rent (yes, even the $50 a week to live in mommy's basement), have a cell phone bill, utility bills, or owe a coworker $5 for lunch, then you are one of those horrid "debtors".

Guess morale is a little low at "Team NCO"...

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

This lowlife even has to forge my name on his post as he/she is scared to put his/her own on the garbage post. Typical scumbag.

FYI...Scumbag..I have been in politics and I have changed legislation... and I have made more money in a week than you make in a month at your scummy job.

Do you have enough money to take a year off AND spend money travelling and helping your family?? I do.

AND...I have beaten numerous scumbag collection agencies while representing myself in court...AND I have been paid...

I shut down NCO twice...Why are they no longer calling me? Why have they not sued me? It is because they cannot win..Thats why.

NCO is going to get shut down by the FTC. It is only a matter of time.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

Check your credit report

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

From what you are saying, it sounds like somebody may have stolen your identity. When was the last time you checked your credit report? If somebody else opened an account in your name, it would only be natural that the unpaid balance would be turned over to a collector. The collector will call you at other known phone numbers.

As far as I am aware, if somebody else did open this account in your name, then the debtor, not you, would be held responsible (afterall, it was Express' fault that they didn't investigate the application well enough). I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

If after checking your credit bureau, you see that you never did have an Express account, then dispute any reported collections with the credit bureau and tell NCO to halt all communications with you.

Before you fight this, you may find out that somebody has gotten a hold of your identity.

#12 Consumer Suggestion

Andrew,

What the NCO ex-employee said is not true. There are in fact several law firms in various states that have and are currently looking for NCO victims to add to their class action lawsuits against this company's willful violations of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.

It is scary how easy it is for companies like NCO to get hold of personal information such as your social security number without you ever consenting to have that information distributed.

In regards to the interest, most credit card companies charge a lot more than 6%. This is most likely an interest that NCO is adding to the debt amount for an unknown number of years (being that the original date of delinquency or charge-off date has probably not been made known to you). Since you never entered into a contract with NCO (even if you owed the debt) you don't owe them any interest.

Steve is right that you should stop calling them, for the only resolution they find acceptable is that you pay the full amount (regardless of whether you owe the debt). Send them a letter disputing the debt and demand cease in communication from them other than written correspondence.

At the same time contact the credit card company and try to find out specific information from them, including if they have records of an account existing in your name with your social security, date of delinquency on that account, charge-off date, and to which collections agency they sold that account to. You are more likely to get specific information from the original creditor than you are from NCO.

If the credit card company has no record of you ever opening such an account, ask that they send you a written statement of such with your name and address. Send a copy of this to NCO with a letter demanding they close this account cease all communications with you. Send a copy to the credit bureaus as well so they have documentation from the credit card company that any reporting of this debt on your file is false.

#13 Consumer Suggestion

#14 Consumer Suggestion

#15 Consumer Suggestion

#16 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Steve - Bradenton, Florida - (U.S.A.)

Here is a reality check:

Steve: You will never shut NCO down, you will never work for NCO, you will never impact NCO, you will never change legislation, you will never be a politician, you have no influence on anybody, you can't afford to retain a law firm and team of lawyers strong enough to litigate against NCO for your remote damages, and no lawyer with the experience necessary to take on a monster sized organization with millions of dollars to burn will take your case on contingency.

#17 Consumer Suggestion

Andrew,

The entire NCO Group of companies are among the lowest form of bottom feeding debt buyers and collectors. They have paid the largest FTC fines in history for violating the law.

Most likely this is some debt you forgot about 10-15 years ago. NCO specializes in the attempted collection of old, time barred debts.

However the SOL in LA is 10 years for most consumer debt.

The best thing to do here is send them a debt validation request where you dispute the debt, AND request to see any contract you allegedly signed, as well as an account history.

Send all communications by certified mail, return reciept requested, and put the certified# on the letter itself before mailing.

#18 Consumer Suggestion

#19 Consumer Suggestion

#20 Consumer Suggestion

Get tough with them they'll be gone very quick

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

This is simple Andrew; I know this because I've screwed these clowns over several times. Tell them that they won't see a penny unless and until they win a judgement against you in court and that if they do sue you that you WILL show up, that you WILL countersue them and that they WILL lose. Invite them to imagine how a jury might rule in a case involving a hard-working individual versus a company with a long history of scams and then reference this website. Also, tell them that if they engage in any kind of fraud with your SSN that you will sue them; they'll be gone very quick.