Complaint Review: NCO Financial Collection Agency

• Submitted: Tue, April 06, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, May 09, 2010

• Reported By: sandieinspringfield — Springfield Missouri United States of America
NCO Financial Collection Agency
507 Prudential Road Horsham, Pennsylvania United States of America

NCO Financial Collection Agency NCO Financial Collection Agency Pennsylvania Has wrong number and wont stop calling me Horsham, Pennsylvania

*General Comment: good luck winning without proof

*Consumer Comment: PREPARED TO SUE NCO FINANCIAL!!!

*Consumer Comment: Advise

I live in Springfield, MO. I am on disability and am low income so I qualify for a government program called "Life Line" that provides me with a free activated cell phone and a set number of minutes each month. I just got this new phone and  phone number about a month ago and almost as soon as I got it I began receiving calls from  NCO collection agency in Horsham, PA. asking for a Malorie Smith.  I told them that there was nobody here by that name. Then about 2 hours later the same thing. Now it's every 2 hours six days a week. I've explained to them that I am NOT Malorie Smith, that I do NOT know who this person is, that this is a NEW number for me and please quit calling me.  I could just change the number I guess but this is rediculous!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2010 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO-Financial-Collection-Agency/Horsham-Pennsylvania-19044/NCO-Financial-Collection-Agency-NCO-Financial-Collection-Agency-Pennsylvania-Has-wrong-nu-590079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO Financial Collection Agency

#1 General Comment

good luck winning without proof

AUTHOR: debtexpert - (United States of America)

I worked for 9 years almost  with people 'dead set' on sueing people they say they are owed money to. The first two people wanted to sue about medical bills, and the rest wanting to sue collection agencies in general, Ive heard every complaint.

I have tryed to explain every time that we will have a hard time winning it they have proof you owe this, and if you "refuse to show proof you paid it" youre dead in the water.

Unfortunatly I have tryed to tell the people I am helping that the collection agency has a legal right to collect the debt. Unless you have proof they did something illegal like swore at you, or called you at 2 in the morning you have problems.

Also dont pull the "he swore at me and my wife erased the taped proof" judges have been hearing that forever.     Just a word of what you are up against

PREPARED TO SUE NCO FINANCIAL!!!

AUTHOR: PREPARED!! - (Virgin Islands (US))

AFTER HUNDREDS OF CALLS INUNDATING MY HOME & CELL PHONE SINCE APRIL 20,2010 WHEN SHE CLAIMS SHE FIRST OBTAINED THE DEBT!!.... I'M THOUROUGHLY FED RIGHT UP WITH THEM!!

I PERSONALLY CONTACTED THEM TODAY! A PERSON NAMED 'CATHY ROADES' @ EXT. 3411 CONTINUOUSLY CALLS ME INSISTING I OWE A DEBT TO THEM, WELL I TOOK MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS TODAY!!

I'VE THREATENED TO SUE THEM, AND I'M DEAD SERIOUS... I WILL GO THROUGH WITH IT....AND I WILL WIN ALL OF MY MONEY PAID TO THIS DEBT UP TO AND INCLUDING DAMAGES!!

THEY'RE TRYING TO COLLECT ON A DEBT FROM CITIFINANCIAL THAT I'VE SATISFIED &  PAID IN FULL OVER 4 YRS. AGO!!

SHE CLAIMS SHE HAS MY CREDIT REPORT, AND IS INSISTING THAT I SHOW 'HER PROOF' THAT I PAID THIS DEBT IN FULL!!!......FUNNY, IRONIC PART TO ALL OF THIS IS, THAT I PAID THIS DEBT OFF TO NCO ORIGINALLY!!!....I WILL NOT SHOW HER PROOF OF ANYTHING...

I'M PREPARED TO SUE, I CANNOT WAIT TO GET CITIFINANCIAL AND NCO TOGETHER IN THE COURTROOM!!!

Advise

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

How to stop collection agency harassment for a debt that is not yours:

Youre going to have to find out the name and address of the collection agencies(s) that are calling you. Send the collection agency a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt (do NOT use regular mail) stating:

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, cease all communications with me about this alleged debt. This is not my debt. Receipt of this letter is officially being time stamped via Certified Mail. I will pursue each subsequent phone call from your office with a $1,000 per incident penalty for Fair Debt Collection Practices Act violations
-----------------------------
If they keep calling...next time they call, read the following statement:

Pursuant to state law, be advised that this phone call is being recorded. If you do not consent to being recorded, you need to terminate this call. Continuation of this phone call after officially being informed that it is being recorded implies consent to be recorded. This recording will be used to pursue Fair Debt Collection Law violations.