interference

• Submitted: Wed, March 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 08, 2006

• Reported By:sioux city Iowa
NCO Financial Services
507 Prudential Road Horsham, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

NCO Financial Services recieved a call from them, multiple calls Horsham Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Michelle, STOP! Read this first!!

I recieve multiple calls from them. I found this website and read all the bad things that were said.

I checked my credit report and I do have something on there from NCO. It is from a past due amount from a past insurance company. I am not sure if the amount is right, looks right, $182.

I am going to try to call the insurance company and find out if I can pay them directly. If I can't, what do I do next? If I don't pay this, will keep lowering my score? I am in the process of fixing my credit report. Also, if the insurance company lets me pay them directly, will the NCO account be taken off my credit, if not, how do I go about doing this?

Are there letters available online for me to print so I can send them so that they don't call me anymore?

Thanks so much for your help.

Michelle
Sioux City, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2006 02:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO-Financial-Services/Horsham-Pennsylvania-19044/NCO-Financial-Services-recieved-a-call-from-them-multiple-calls-Horsham-Pennsylvania-179961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO Financial Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Michelle, STOP! Read this first!!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Michelle,

You may accidentally re-affirm a debt that is NOT legally collectable.

NCO is famous for attempting to collect OLD, Uncollectable debts known as time barred debt.

The MAX Statute of Limitations in IA is 5 years. If more than 5 years has passed since the first major delinquency on this debt, it cannot be collected.

However, paying on it, or even agreeing to pay on it will restart the SOL and the 7 year negative reporting.

It is best NOT to speak with them. DEMAND that all communications be in writing.

Write a request for debt validation and send it by certified mail, return reciept requested. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records. Also, DO NOT sign the letter, PRINT your name, and initial it.
They have been known to copy signatures and forge documents.

In this letter, specify that you dispute the debt, and request that they send you proof of the debt, such as something you signed to create it and/or an account history report.

They would need this in court if it ever went that far, and I doubt seriously that they could produce it.

NCO purchases old debts like this ne for less than 1 cent on the dollar and usually the files are incomplete, so DO NOT give them ANY personal or employment info. NOTHING!!

Hope this helps