Complaint Review: NCO Financial

• Updated: Mon, December 21, 2009

• Reported By: BlackMuse — Chesapeake Virginia USA
NCO Financial

NCO Financial Horrible Customer Service and Inaccurate Records Internet

*Author of original report: All is fine now...but

*Consumer Comment: So all is fine?

I admit I dropped the ball for forgetting about a hospital bill, however I was in college and my mind was on finals and graduating.

The first time they called, I asked for a description of the bill they were requesting (again I had forgotten due to finals) and the caller hung up on me. I called back and got a second representative and she too hung up on me when I asked what the call was for. I just shrugged it off as the wrong number.

Fastforward a few days. I would recieve three or more calls a day from these people. Finally I concluded something was wrong. I answered and asked what the call for for. This lady did not hang up but she did ask for my personal information to verify who I was before she could give out information. Everything from my address to my birthday was correct but my SSN last for digets. She concluded that I was a fraud but promised that I owed NCO nothing and hung up on me. I called the hospital who I owed the bill to (by this time I did remember) and they apologized if there was a clerical error when giving my information to NCO. Fair enough. However the error was not on their part.

I call back with this information and finally spoke with a kinder rep. It turns out that their records were correct regarding my SSN and the other rep that I had spoken too had confused my record with another clients. I personally asked to deal with this kind rep and no one else. She gave me her direct line.

I paid the bill off in full and had NCO mail me copies of the receipt. I read on this website that they have a habit of coming back years later demanding money you already paid. I am ready for them if they do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2009 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO-Financial/internet/NCO-Financial-Horrible-Customer-Service-and-Inaccurate-Records-Internet-537350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO Financial

All is fine now...but

AUTHOR: BlackMuse - (USA)

It is amazing how ridiculous those workers behaved. Slamming the phone down when I kindly asked what the bill was for? I did not use course or abusive langauge yet I have the phone slammed on me twice. When someone did talk to me the records were wrong. What if I had believed them? My credit would have been shot. I have my receipt from them signed and I will be holding on to it for years to come.

So all is fine?

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

So all is fine? The debt was valid and you paid it?

Your complaint here is because you read something?  Keep your documention of payment forever and you will be fine.  For good measure talk to the hospital again and get something from them saying they recieved their money from NCO and the debt is satisfied.

Hang out on ROR long enough and you will learn that the majority of complaints are from people who blaim everyone else for bills they owe but don't want to pay.