thousands

• Submitted: Thu, December 29, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 29, 2005

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
NCO Portfolio Management
1804 Washington Blvd. Dept. 500 Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

NCO Financial Services NCO Portfolio Management, ripoff, Says I own them $9,000 on MBNA account that was paid Baltimore Maryland

*Consumer Suggestion: Did You Get Anything in Writing?

I paid off a dept from an MBNA credit card in 2003. Since then my CREDIT REPORT has shown it has been paid as well. Recently I was able to get a low interest credit card, on my road back to good credit.(card still in good standing) IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN NCO CONTACTED ME TO SAY I OWN THEM $9,000. Principle, they say was $4,985.48 (where did they get THAT number?) and their interest is 19%. I guess because I so readily paid off my collectors in the past, when I actually did own them, that NCO thought they could get more money from me. It doesn't phase them that MBNA and the original collector listed the dept as PAID, ON MY CREDIT REPORT. After reading other submissions, I fear that may have changed since the last time I checked.(about 2 months ago) I AM LOOKING FOR HELP IN PROTECTING MYSELF FROM THIS PREDITOR.

Aaron
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2005 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO-Portfolio-Management/Baltimore-Maryland-21230/NCO-Financial-Services-NCO-Portfolio-Management-ripoff-Says-I-own-them-9000-on-MBNA-a-169648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO Portfolio Management

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Did You Get Anything in Writing?

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

They are, by law, to provide you something in writing after they contact you via telephone. Either way, I would send a certified letter, return receipt requested, advising them that this is not your debt. Do not provide them with any CC account numbers or your SS no. Do not sign the letter with your regular signature. It is not up to you to prove that you don't owe the debt, it is up to NCO to prove that you do. Good luck.