• Report: #414203

Complaint Review: NCO

  • Submitted: Tue, January 20, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 20, 2009

  • Reported By:Syracuse New York
507 Prudential Road Horsham, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-477-1827
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

NCO Fake Caller Id Using Equifax Credit as Caller ID Horsham Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: How to drive NCO and other junk debt buyers into chapter 11

What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

My phone rings and I look at caller id and it says EQUIFAX and gives 1800 477-1827. Turns out it was NCO. When I called back to find out what this was about and why the caller ID said Equifax the lady said oh your caller ID is broken. I then told her that on my phone activity (I have VOIP) that also showed it was equifax credit she procceded to say oh well what are you going to do about it. I will tell you nothing cause I will ruin your credit. I laughed then cause I did not even give them any info they wanted. I have filed a report with NY State Atty Generals office and also with PA's

Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2009 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO/Horsham-Pennsylvania-19044/NCO-Fake-Caller-Id-Using-Equifax-Credit-as-Caller-ID-Horsham-Pennsylvania-414203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 1Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Comment

How to drive NCO and other junk debt buyers into chapter 11

AUTHOR: Fdcpaviolationswinner - (U.S.A.)

Send a request for validation within 30 days of their initial dunning letter. Always send it certified mail return receipt requested. Stay off the phone! Thirdly, at anytime, you can send a "cease communications" letter and that also needs to be done CMRRR. Now some longterm tips to evade scumbags like NCO....

1) If you are having money problems, chances are good you are in a job that is run of the mill or unemployed. More on that later.
2) STOP APPLYING FOR CREDIT! I can't stress this enough consumers. Whether it's a lame old navy charge card or auto loan, it shows up as an INQUIRY on your credit bureau report. That is an easy skiptrace for any NCO collector since you likely included updated and accurate location info including phone,address and job. Inquiries stay on CBR for atleast 6 months.
3) Collector skiptrace sites like accurint have a feature called phones plus. Phones Plus allows collectors to type in an address and all landlines and cellphones that you sign a contract on (verizon,sprint,cricket,etc,etc.) show up. If you provided your SS # on your cell application, it will appear on accurint. I promise you that. So then what?
4) Buy a prepaid cell that you can get at any store like walmart. You don't need to provide identification and you have a phoneline no one can possibly trace. These cannot be traced in skiptracing databases as I type this because any 8 or 80 year old can have it if you simply have the cash to give the store clerk.
5) Now that you have a prepaid cell as your only contact, stop applying for credit and tell all associates to not give your number out to any creditor calling requesting 'location info' on you.If you decide to move, leave no forwarding address either to creditors you are in bad standing with. Preferably pay $25 a month for a PO Box.Get a new job too if your current situation is 'run of the mill.' On your prepaid cell, never have your voice or name attached to the phone. Keep the automated answering machine. That way, when they call if some loose lipped associate blows your cover, say you have the wrong # and immediately hang up. If they call again, tell them your fictitious name is _____, they are wasting your minutes (which agencies can't knowingly do on purpose per FDCPA (section on not allowing debtors to accrue costs to receive written or verbal communication)). Do not say anything about FDCPA. The idea is to AVOID contact right? They hear any FDCPA reference, they'll likely know it's you screening. At this point, you should be underground until months or years down the road if and when the creditor finds you and requests the court to issue you a summons and info subpoena.
With info subpoena, what you say today can be irrelevant tomorrow even though you must under oath answer truthfully or else face contempt of court. Be honest, but after it's answered and filed, close your checking account the next business day and if your job at the time of info subpoena is 'run of the mill', promptly find a new job. Info subpoenas can only be requested once a year in most jurisdictions (correct me if I'm wrong), so you have a year or so of not fearing wage garnishment (most states allow it, a few don't) and/or bank levy of your checking. Pay the extra money to either for a small fee cash your paycheck at the same bank your place of employment has a checking account with (only need drivers license to cash usually) or if that's not an option, do the underground check cashing store route. Way better than getting your checking account frozen and levied regardless.Cancel direct deposit at POE too before you answer info subpoena and summons. If this is too much of a hassle, save money to file chapter 7. If your income is below and passes the 'means test' of your state and you have no real or auto property in your name, chapter 7 is a good deal. Make sure you speak to a state approved CCCS company and get CCCS certificate prior to filing with an attorney and have your most recent tax return for chapter 7 (chapter 13 I believe you need 4 most recent). Since you have no tangible assets, then chapter 7 is the way to go. Charged off debts stay with you for 6 years from date of charge off or last payment on CBR regardless of whether you pay. Paying a charged off debt reages it for another 6 years on your CBR so from a CBR standpoint, bankruptcy would be the way to go if you can't pay all your unsecured bills anytime in this lifetime. Even though a bankruptcy stays with you for 7-10 years, you have a clean slate with no current unsecured debts and at this point your CBR is in the crapper anyhow so you can recover much faster from a CBR standpoint by filing.
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?