Complaint Review: NCO

• Submitted: Thu, April 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: Senior Citizen — Las Vegas Nevada
NCO
15618 Dept. 51 Wilmington, DE 19850 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

NCO NCO financial Systems, INC. P.O. Box 15618. DEPT 51 Wilmington, DE 19850 Reported a false claim to my credit report Wilmington, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Blame Needs To Go To Hospital

NCO reported a hospital bill to my credit report that was paid in full.  I checked with my insurance company, they told me every one of my bills to this hospital were paid in full.  So now,  I have had to take time out of my day to dispute this collection report on my credit bureau.... It is very frustrating to know that a fake greedy collection agency's will not take the time and check with the Insurance Company to see if the hospital they are representing has indeed been paid in full...  The bill was only $75.00, and yet they will take the time and effort to try and destroy your credit with false information.  On top of that, I was never sent a bill for this $75.00 they claimed I owe.  I think it is another way to take advantage of the Senior Citizen.  I claim fraud on this collection agency.

Now I have to wait for the credit bureau to update and correct my credit.  Totally unfair....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCO/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/NCO-NCO-financial-Systems-INC-PO-Box-15618-DEPT-51-Wilmington-DE-19850-Reported-a-fa-1042540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NCO

Blame Needs To Go To Hospital

AUTHOR: Dave - ()

For NCO to have this account as a collection (even if they purchased it from another collection agency) is because it was the hospital that turned it over for collection in the first place.  I use to be a collector at an agency that handled medical collections.  There were many times when a hospital would turn a bill over for collections after 30 days and then the patient, or insurance company would pay the hospital. The hospital would not always contact the collection agency to have the account removed from collections which is probably what happened in this case.

You should also contact the care provided and request a payment history on this account so you have a record that it's been paid as this account could reappear again in the future.