- Report: #1124959
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: NCS LAW GROUP
NCS LAW GROUPcompany refused to disclose New York City, New York USA
NCS LAW GROUP unknown Illegal/bogus collection practice New York City New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I received in an email a collections notification, threatening that they need to verify my mailing address to serve me important legal documents, and that they have already filed charges against me. this was sent by a Matt Williams, Sr. Investigation Officer NCS Law Group.
I am a debt collector, here are the several indiscressions that are in this "collection notice":
- They did not address anyone specific as to being the recipient, it just goes to my email address.
- There is no initial demand ever received. This is the letter that all collection agencies must send out within the 1st 5days of receiving a debt to collect. The following information must be included per the FDCPA (the following was exactly taked out of the FDCPA/FTC web page) :
1. The name of the original creditor
2. the amount owed
3. statement saying that the consumer has 30days after rceipt of the notice to dispute the vadility of the debt, or any portion there of, the debt will assumed to be valid by the debt collector
4. a statement that if the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, the debt collector will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of a judgment against the consumer and a copy of such verification or judgment will be mailed to the consumer by the debt collector; and
5.a statement that, upon the consumer's written request within the thirty-day period, the debt collector will provide the consumer with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.
- the collection agency also needs to provide their physical address, to send the dispute(it needs to be sent certified mail, return receipt)
- a debt collector cannot use misleading or disceptive practices to collect monies, owed or not. Meaning this collection agency cannot say they have charges filed against anyone if:a) they are not in a position to do so-in other words Mr Williams had best be an attorney; b)if they are impying they are filing anything, they had best be able and liscensed to practice law in the state you(the nopw debtor) reside; c) how does one file charges against another in any law suit (especially a consumer law suit) when they don't have their address???
And just for funzies, all collection correspondences must include the mini miranda statement on all initial correspondences (most have it on all) that is the statement, "This is an attempt to collect a debt, any information obtained will be used for that purpose."
This "law group" is most likely a phishing scam. I suggest to cntact you ISP also.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NCS-LAW-GROUP/New-York-City-New-York/NCS-LAW-GROUP-unknown-Illegalbogus-collection-practice-New-York-City-New-York-1124959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.