Complaint Review: NET 10

NET 10
net10.com Internet U.S.A.

NET 10 ripoff California Internet

*Consumer Comment: Net 10, not perfect

On August 6, 2006 I ordered 2 Nokia100s from Net 10's web site. Shipping was to take 3 business days. I received 1 phone only, but was billed for 2. After calling Net 10, we agreed another phone would be shipped to me. I would wait till the other phone to come, then activate them both at the same time.The 2nd phonearrived on August 21, 2006. It had no SIM Card - therefore was useless to me. I called Net 10. Told them I was shipping both phones (1 with a SIM Card & 1 without a SIM Card - neither had been activated) back to them and that I'd like a credit back to my charge card. Why? Because I was looking at another week or so before the SIM Card arrived and was promised 2 working Nokia 100 cell phones by within a week of when I placed the internet order originally back on August 6, 2006. They insisted that the SIM Card be shipped and that they would even give me some extra free units of air time. I tried to explain that I had needed the cards back in the middle of August... but all I got from them was they were sorry this had happened and that they would do better in the future. I said no, I was returning the 2 phones in a supplied return envelope, postage paid, to Miami, FL., 2200NW 72ND AVE, 33152-9617. They continued to try to persuade me to let them ship the SIM Card, and I finally just hung up.They have called once since then back on September 2, 2006 I believe, and asked if I had a problem with the phones.I repeated what I had done as far as shipping the phones back and why I had done so (I needed 2 working cell phones in the middle of August - not at the end of August!). They said I'd have to be transferred to another department and to please hold. After 10 minutes, another lady came on, and I had to repeat the whole problem over again.... AND she said she would have to transfer me to the Customer Service Deptartment. I told her I would not spend anymore time holding and being shuffled among their so called departments and just to pass on the information I'd already repeatly twice... then - if this "Customer Service Department" had any further questions for me, to please have them call me. Since then (September 2, 2006 - I believe) - I have heard nothing back. I e-mailed them again and asked what was the status of my case number and only received back an e-mail saying to contact their Customer Care Center at 1-877-836-2368. But they are only open from 9AM-6PM Monday thru Friday, and this is Saturday, September 23, 2006. I will try the number on Monday and see what happens. It has been 49 days since I ordered and PAID for 2 working cell phones from NET 10. They STILL have my money ($69.48), and they have their cells phones back. What a great way to run a business and treat customers.

Steve
zanesville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2006 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NET-10/internet/NET-10-ripoff-California-Internet-212393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NET 10

Net 10, not perfect

AUTHOR: G - (U.S.A.)

I ordered a net 10 phone after being sick of Cingular's crappy service.

Phone arrived as promised, but upon activation, it seems that this was a "refurbished" phone (not mentioned in offer), and they had to clear out the former account to activate me.

Bottom line is that it took them an hour on the phone, but they got it done, and other than a shitty phone, I cannot complain about the service.

Be persistent. You're not signing a contract with them! They don't offer contracts! They're a "pay as you go" company, only, AFAIK.

I still like it better than Cingular, and I didn't have to give Net 10 my life story!