Complaint Review: NET DETECTIVE, HD PUBLISHING

• Submitted: Sun, March 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 16, 2008

• Reported By:Durango Colorado
NET DETECTIVE, HD PUBLISHING
1392 Woodland Blvd Deland, Florida U.S.A.

NET DETECTIVE, HD PUBLISHING - DELAND, FL OFFERED "FREE 30 DAY TRIAL" FOR "ADVANCED WEB DETECTIVE" AND THEN IMMEDIATELY CHARGED ADDITIONAL $29.95 TO MY CREDIT CARD Deland Florida

Needed to gather some information, so after some browsing chose "Net Detective", not realizing HD Publishing had set-up other fraudulent websites and organizations to bolster and establish their "credibility"

After paying $29.00 for three years of the "Standard Net Detective" I realized that there was just not enough information available through that format. Within the next five-minutes HD Publishing offered a "FREE THIRTY-DAY TRIAL" for "Advanced Net Detective", claiming said site to be more reliable, up-to-date, and loaded with extra features. AFTER the Free 30-Day Trial Period I agreed to have a monthly fee of $29.95 charged to my account.

There was virtually no difference between the "Standard Net Detective" and the "Advanced Net Detective", so I repeatedly attempted to open the link for HD's Customer Support Center (CDC), to get some answers, and nothing happened.

Beginning to suspect fraud, I decided to check for transactions on my credit account and found that HD Publishing had made an unauthorized charge to my account in the amount of $29.95, for my "FREE 30-Day Trial Period".

I have since emailed HD Publishing and have not (yet?) received a response. If Net Detective/HD Publishing returns my $29.95 for the alleged fraudulent and unauthorized "Advanced Net Detective" fee I will be content with my 3-year subscription to the "Standard Net Detective" and make do with whatever limited use is available through this site. The "Advanced" version is of no use to me. I will also indicate on this "Ripoff Report" that HD Publishing "erroneously" deducted said monies from my account and returned my money when they realized their error...

Collateral Attack
Durango, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2008 12:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NET-DETECTIVE-HD-PUBLISHING/Deland-Florida-32729/NET-DETECTIVE-HD-PUBLISHING-DELAND-FL-OFFERED-FREE-30-DAY-TRIAL-FOR-ADVANCED-WEB-D-318301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NET DETECTIVE, HD PUBLISHING