lumber

• Updated: Sun, December 16, 2012

• Reported By: Sylvia — Ashland Kentucky USA
NET10

NET10 Steals Minutes and Double Charges , Internet

I've been with NET10 because that was the only one I could afford. I canceled my $25. a month plan because I barely use a cell phone & I can't afford the waste. Since I had 90 minutes left I decided to wait until my service days were up the following week.

I still had 65.50 minutes left when the service days were up. So I decided to go on the $15. a month plan.She gave me the minutes with the plan but not the old minutes & left me at "0" service days. When I told her what had happened she said she'd have to transfer me for that.

The guy that answered at the other end said (after I explained everything again) that he'd have to cancel the order & re-do it. I told him I didn't want to get screwed like the last time I went on a plan & got charged for 2 months he said he understood. There wouldn't be a problem. Finally I got 30 service days added and he said the 65.50 minutes would be added w/i the hr.

An hr. later I went to make a call & discovered I had 400 minutes & 60 service days. I checked my payment history & discovered I had been charged for the monthly plan twice with the next payment due in 30 days and the 65.50 minutes never returned.

Because they had ripped me off once before like this I had been smart enough to photograph everything on my phone's home page before they erased it. Now I can send proof to the attorney general's consumer protection division.

My best suggestion is if you can afford it don't deal with NET10. If you must then be sure & copy & photograph everything before they can erase it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 03:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NET10/internet/NET10-Steals-Minutes-and-Double-Charges-Internet-982942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NET10