Complaint Review: NETSPEND

• Reported By: LarissaFromNJ — NEWARK New Jersey
NETSPEND
Internet USA

NETSPEND Transfer to Transfer of $875 Internet

NETSPEND is the WORST prepaid debit card I have ever used. I have been a customer not even 1 month and have already encountered a problem..A BIG ONE!

It all began on Friday May 31st 2013. I recv'd a text at 9:14am on the bus to work stating my aval bal in my acct was $903.46. All was ok. Now I've just gotten to work at 10:20am and at 10:22am I receive another text from Netspend.

$23.51 aval balance after $875.00 transfer and $4.95 fee to fushiawhite at 9:03am. OK HOW IS THAT SO? At 9:14am My BALANCE WAS JUST $903.46!!

So im at work screaming and crying like WHAT? How is this so!! I was on the bus to work I didn't do anything or transfer any money. Well coming to find out and after googling some things someone hacked into my netspend account and did a (P2P)which means Person to Person to their netspend acct. So now Im on the phone with netspend not even ten minutes around 10:25am and I get a lady on the phone who I cant understand and she tells me I have to transfer you to the dispute dept where they can handle this better. [continued below]....

..... After being on for the dispute dept for about 25 mins a lady comes on...

I explain to her what all happened she puts me on hold to come back and tell me "WE DONT KNOW WHERE YOUR MONEY WENT" then says the acct the it was transferred too they already took the $$$ all out. Well if you wouldnt have had me on hold so long and knew how to do your job I probably could of had my money right back! I was on my way to work I didnt even use my card once today!! So after I talked to  the lady she said I have to give them 10-15 days to do some investagating. My money is not safe with NETSPEND how can someone just wipe my acct clean and the workers dont know anything. I recv'd an email from Netspend dispute dept on Friday around 6pm stating if no additonal information was needed my money would be refunded within 2-3 business days if its not I will sue NETSPEND for the stress and past due bills I now have to put off because my account wasnt secure with them. DO NOT GET A NETSPEND CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NETSPEND-/internet/NETSPEND-Transfer-to-Transfer-of-875-Internet-1055963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NETSPEND