- Report: #860752
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: NETSPEND
NETSPENDpo box 2136 Austin, Texas Internet United States of America
NETSPEND Fraud, Stolen Money, Scam Internet
*Consumer Comment: No RipOff
When I made my first transferr of funds after that, they suddenly needed to verify my address,(i.e. where they mailed me the card) to release my funds to me. After emailing them countless documents. I was given the following reason for not accepting them. The first operator said ANY mail document would do
1. Hospital Bill (not accepted)
2. Pay Pal screen shot with all personal info showing (not accepted)
3. Utility Bill (letters not legible through fax)
4. Online bank statement (said bank statement was fine, if it was mailed)
5. Mailed Bank Statement (time limit expired and said document appeared altered)
Account Closed:Funds now in lingo, pretty sure I'll never see them again, but not without a fight!
Meanwhile, they will not release my funds back to Pay Pal and they cancelled the Netspend card. [continued below]....
I asked for a physical address in order to file complaint with the better business bureau and they said, we have no physical address, just a PO BOX.
Thats when I realized I was being scammed. I have been never been involved with a business that refused to give a legit business address. Please avoid this company at all cost. I am filing paperwork with the BBB tomorrow!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2012 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NETSPEND/internet/NETSPEND-Fraud-Stolen-Money-Scam-Internet-860752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.