Complaint Review: NETZERO

• Updated: Thu, November 12, 2009

• Reported By: Ryan — Kettering Ohio USA
NETZERO

NETZERO used for one month, charged for 3 months Internet

*Author of original report: Refund has been issued!

*Author of original report: Refund may be issued

I used the dial up service for two (2) months, the first month was free and the second was $9.95.
I canceled using the on line account manager 5 days prior to the end of the second month so that I would only owe $9.95.

They kept sending me emails which did not indicate I canceled and they continued to bill me for an additional 2 months of service despite me not even logging in to the service via any access numbers, I did however check on line using the account manager to see if my account was canceled and it showed that it was in fact not active and that was before they charged me $19.90 and then as of November 5th, 2009 $29.85.

I've sent messages through their on line ticket system to only get replies back that the system is automated and there is nothing they can do about it.
I have now filled out a form to send to my credit card provider to have the transaction reversed in full as in one of my replies to NetZero through the account manager I stated that I removed my credit card information and that any charges are therein after unauthorized and I would make the payment manually at a later date.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2009 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NETZERO/internet/NETZERO-used-for-one-month-charged-for-3-months-Internet-521093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NETZERO

Refund has been issued!

AUTHOR: Ryan - (USA)

NetZero has refunded the requested $19.90, the situation is herein resolved.

Refund may be issued

AUTHOR: Ryan - (USA)

I have spoken to NetZero via email and they claim a refund may be issued after I respond back with an answer to security question(s), I have done so and will repost back the result once received.