Complaint Review: NEW SUB SERVICE

• Submitted: Wed, January 19, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2005

• Reported By:Wayne Pennsylvania
NEW SUB SERVICE
4 HIGH RIDGE PARK STAMFORD, Connecticut U.S.A.

NEW SUB SERVICE Ripoff fraudulent billing STAMFORD Connecticut

As others here have experienced, I have also received fraudulent billing from New Sub Service for magazine subscriptions. The way it seems to work is they get you to sign up for a free magazine (maybe as part of a reward program) and you only pay S&H via credit card. But after the free year is up, they continue to bill your credit card without ever notifying you or sending you a bill. If you contact the magazine, they usually claim to be unable to help and direct you to contact New Sub. I have just had my 3rd credit card charge. One I was successful in having the magazine credit me my money, the second I handled by disputing the charge through my credit card's procedure. So we'll see how this third one goes. Below is the actual email response from the magazine company:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your subscription to Kiplinger's Personal Finance.

Our records do not indicate receipt of a renewal on your subscription at this time. Since your previous order was placed through an agency, it is possible that they have renewed your subscription and are still in the process of transmitting the order to us.

It will be necessary for you to contact them directly. In case you need it, here is the name and address of the agency through which you placed your last order:

NEW SUB SERVICE
4 HIGH RIDGE PARK
STAMFORD, CT 06905
800-321-6247

We hope this information will be helpful. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.
Kiplinger Publications
hdkl
@

S
Wayne, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2005 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NEW-SUB-SERVICE/STAMFORD-Connecticut-06905/NEW-SUB-SERVICE-Ripoff-fraudulent-billing-STAMFORD-Connecticut-128132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NEW SUB SERVICE