Complaint Review: N.E.W.

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, March 02, 2010

• Reported By: lteal — Acworth Georgia United States of America
Ashburn, Virginia United States of America

N.E.W. National Electronics Warranty Corporation Massage Chair Dies and they don't care! Ashburn, Virginia

Paid $2000 for a massage chair from Sharper Image on 9/13/2004 and went ahead and bought extended warranty for $269.00.  The chair motor died in 2007 and a rep came and istalled a new motor. It worked fine until August 9, 2009. This was 4 days before my warranty ended.  I called and was told that Jazz Enterprises would contact me regarding the issue.  I did not hear anything and in December I called National Electronics Warranty Corp. and asked about the repair. Was told that item was on back order until Jan. 2010. Called at end of January and was told new motor would be in stock in early February. No news and it's March 1st.  I called today and was told it would be mid April before a new motor would be in.  At this time I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the FTC and am in the process of sending a Certified Letter to the President/CEO of the company.  I feel that I should just be sent a replacement chair after this long.  Paying this much for a chair was a difficult decision, but it really does help my husband's bad back.

At this point it just might be easier to buy one of those portable chair massagers, I least they can be replace for under $50.00

I will never buy an extended warranty from this company, now that I have been given such a run around

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NEW/Ashburn-Virginia-20146/NEW-National-Electronics-Warranty-Corporation-Massage-Chair-Dies-and-they-dont-care-576243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on N.E.W.