Complaint Review: NEWSMAX

• Submitted: Tue, February 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 03, 2012

• Reported By: fed up with crooks — denver Colorado United States of America
NEWSMAX

NEWSMAX AFTERSHOCK scam, non-delivery,no response, took my money (47.00)slamming me w/daily email spam!!!! Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Newsmax Complaint is Silly

*UPDATE Employee: Newsmax Rebuttal

I, too, got suckered into believing Newsmax and Bob Wiedemer, John Burke and the 'sucker' video
they displayed. They were given my credit card info for a 47.00 charge for the book, Aftershock, and
a copy of the unpublished chapter. Also, a 1 yr trial subscription to Financial Intelligence Report, a 4 mo. free trial subscription to Gold Stock Adviser & a 3mo. free trial subscription to The Franklin Prosperity Report & a copy of The High Income Guide.

All for a mere 47.00. (The Aftershock book is 'free'). I have also been barraged with many, many emails from these 'free subscriptions' and Money News.com and Newsmax.com and David Skarica.

I have sent several emails requesting an answer as to where my 'free' book is. It has been over 5 wks and the video states it would be sent immediately. So...... where is it?
Have I called them, no. I work and have numerous family events I am planning, not to mention a house to run. Yes, I am taking the time to file a complaint. I am fed up! No one should have to work this hard to get what any company has promised and taken your payment for. This just shows what this company is NOT made up of!!! There are other websites to file complaints also:
- Scambook.com
- (((REDACTED)))
and on and on....

If the employee that responded to previous complaints claims the company he works for is so upstanding, why are there so many complaints? Why do people have such a hard time getting them to stop emailing junk?   I suggest that we give ' customerservice@newsmax.com' to all of the sites we can find ..... sign them up for spam, junk, etc.. see how they like it!

I will be filing a dispute/fraud with my credit card company regarding this also. I am also going to trace my footsteps back, to see where I picked up their web site to begin with. I know it was on a Homepage, so I will contact them to let them know how their reputation is being tarnished by this company and their fraudulent actions!

Note to self:  Check Ripoff Report, Scambook.com, etc in future before signing up for anything.
The days of trusting are over. The trust circle is small & it definitely doesn't include this company!  CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2012 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NEWSMAX/internet/NEWSMAX-AFTERSHOCK-scam-non-deliveryno-response-took-my-money-4700slamming-me-wdai-846082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NEWSMAX

Newsmax Complaint is Silly

AUTHOR: Scorecards - ()

I have been a customer of Newsmax for years. I received the Aftershock book promptly.  When I could not find the missing chapter supplement, they sent me another.

Why this individual is so stubborn not to call Newsmax is beyond me.  I have called them numerous times and I have never had to spend even 5 minutes on the phone.  He could have had this resolved in less time than it took to write the rip off piece.

It seems to me he is looking for attention and not a solution.

Newsmax Rebuttal

AUTHOR: CS1422 - (USA)

As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously. We have long maintained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you would, please call (800) 485-4350 [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so. Thank you.

tired