Complaint Review: NEXTCARD - Platinum Card Recoveries

• Submitted: Wed, August 03, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 03, 2005

• Reported By:Pico Rivera California
NEXTCARD - Platinum Card Recoveries
P.O. Box 922968 Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

NEXTCARD - Platinum Card Recoveries ripoff Norcross Georgia

When the card canvasses me for their client, I was a preferred credit worthy customer. The interest rate was less 6% p.a for transfer of funds from other credit card accounts. So far so good. I transferred all my various high interest accounts which averaged 14 to 18%.

I paid my card dues and was a happy camper. couple of months later I went to charge an item and was advised that he card services were no longer available. Soon shortly I rec'd Nextcard's bankruptcy notice.

Then my worst nightmare started. I did not get my statements for a couple of months and then got hounded my NCO collection agency demanding 4 or 5 months payments with added late payments and a provision which was not disclosed that after a delinquency the interest rate would jump to 29+%P.A.

I objected and demanded a record of my application which I was not supplied by the collecting agents NCo however on a threat of them reporting to the credit agencies, I bowed down to pressure and made arrangements to catchup on my payments on their word that it would not be reported as late payments.

Time elapsed and the account was taken over by wachovia bank, and later collecting agents were appointed whose name I cannot recall, started the same tactic as NCO. delays in sending statements and later asking for multi payments with late charges and high interests.

Making high payments and still not getting any further ahead. I decided maybe borrow money from relatives and make a settlement with the Platinum Collection solutions the present collecting agents. Rec'd no cooperation. They insist I keep on making the high monthly payments.
I guess I might as well be their slave till kingdom come.

Distrought

Anthony
Pico Rivera, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2005 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NEXTCARD-Platinum-Card-Recoveries/Norcross-Georgia-30010/NEXTCARD-Platinum-Card-Recoveries-ripoff-Norcross-Georgia-152378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NEXTCARD - Platinum Card Recoveries