Complaint Review: NEXTCARD

• Submitted: Wed, November 14, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, November 14, 2001

• Reported By:Stevensville md
NEXTCARD
PO box 52230 PHOENIX, Arizona U.S.A.

NEXTCARD VISA, Deceptive interest rates and under handed..

*0:

In April of this year I was browsing the internet when I came across an ad from NEXTCARD offering a 9.99% FIXED RATE for balance transfers.

I filled out the on-line application and was approved for the loan. I consolidated several higher interest loans. When I received the agreement from NEXTCARD it stated that my interest rate would be 9.99% VARIABLE, not the 9.99% rate I was promised on the web site.

I phoned the 800# thinking it was a mistake and was told that my interest rate would be variable not fixed. I told the person that I had a copy of the web site and it clearly says 9.99 FIXED. I was told that I was getting a variable rate and that was that. I told them to close my account at this point.

When I got my November statement / bill I noticed that my interest rate had been increased to 19.99%.

I immediately called NEXTCARD and was told that my interest rate was increased because I closed the account. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that they were all in a meeting and that I would be called back. It's been two weeks and I've not heard from NEXTCARD.

I've never been late on my account and I always pay more than the minimum payment. I'm currently looking for a loan to payoff this card.

NEXTCARD is very deceptive and under handed....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NEXTCARD/PHOENIX-Arizona-850721/NEXTCARD-VISA-Deceptive-interest-rates-and-under-handed-7804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NEXTCARD