Complaint Review: NHCD - National Health Care Discount

• Submitted: Fri, February 24, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, April 02, 2006

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
NHCD - National Health Care Discount
6520 W. 110th Street, Suite 202 Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

NHCD Help, it's my manager thats ripping me off! Overland Park Kansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: NHCD is a waste of time

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Response To Help

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Way to Stand up to them Deborah!! ..you'll be much better off in the long run

*Author of original report: This is my story and let the buyer beware.

More confused than ever.

I don't know what brought me to the web page to begin with, but the comments that I have read about nhcd good and bad has confused me more than ever.

I too paid 19.95 to start up. I worked through Christmas and into the 2nd week of Janruary. I thought things were going ok up until they told everyone that they were taking out the leads dept all together.

We had 2 choices. To go to recruiting or sales. I opted for sales. No one told me that if a sale cancelled within the 90 day guarentee that I would lose some of the money I generated for that sale!

That is when I decided I had had enough. On February 1, I emailed and cled my sales manager and told her that I would no longer be working for nhcd, that to please make sure my card was not charged for the next month. I asked her to call me and she did not return my call. All I got in return was not even from her, it was from payroll responding to my managers email. My manager just forwarded it to me.

The payroll dept had emailed my manager stating that I would need to submit in writing my cancellation. I am smart enough to know that by the time I sent out the letter, nhcd would have taken money from my card anyway.

I called my bank and cancelled my card so to insure that nhcd would not take any more money from me.

The very next morning I get a phone call from a lady saying that they were making a special project in leads and would I like to come back to leads?

I thought about it and called this lady back and told her my curcumstances and she got it okd for me to come back. Well, I have been working back in leads. Again, I thought I was ok, and then for last Saturday contest it was for 4 leads and I would qualify for the contest. Well, I called over 450 dials and made the 4 leads.

Later in the week, we got the results of the weekend contest, they stated that no one had generated 4 leads. This was not true. I along with 2 other people had generated 4 or more leads that weekend. So I called my manager and asked her to explain. She emailed me back stating that one of the reps had a lead that came back because the customer had insurance.

I called my manager again, and left a message stating that there was still 2 of us that qualified for this contest. NO response at all. To this day no one that I know of won that contest. This is not right.

On top of everything else, I get an email from my manager about an auto dialer they want to give us for 3 months to try for free. I just let it sit in my email not knowing what to do about that. Then over this last weekend my manager calls me and asks me if I want to try this dialer. I said I would.

I haven't thought nothing of it until today when I ended up on this website reading about nhcd. Now I am more confused than ever. My heart says get out!

I originally wrote the above report on Monday, Feb 20th as a response. But I figured out how to file a report.

It is now Friday the 24th. I want to update what has been happening this week. I got a call from a director and she said her name was Angela. She was calling to see why I sent my manager an email stating I did not want the Voip box sent to me.

I told her my grievances about the contest and forwarded the updates to Angela showing the 4 leads that I had generated. She told me my name had not been entered into the contest at all for that weekend. I let her know it wasn't just about the contest but that it was a combination of all the things that had happened. By the time I was done talking to her she convinced me to try this Voip box.

Then on Tuesday my manager only loaded 50 numbers into my leads base and the total came to 250. The contest for that day is the top dialer wins $10. I had to pull numbers from the "No Answer" data base. I dialed 533 numbers that day.

I don't like working from that database because when you go to disposition the call and hit update, it somehow loses 5 numbers!
But I did.

There is another problem I am having with my manager besides her not giving me enough numbers and excluding me from a contest.

Throughout the day my manager emails updates on how many leads each person has. Ever since I started working with this manager on the 4th of February, she has skipped adding leads to my name on these updates. I know this may seem trivial but I think all can agree that we like to see our names with how many leads we have.

I would email her or call her and say things like, "you must have missed me". Then she will add my name to her next update.

Then tonight I log into the server and she only gave me 100 numbers. I had 100 numbers in the base to begin with. So the total of numbers is at 200. It is coming into the weekend and the weekend contest.

My manager has not even attempted to explain herself when I have asked her questions. If she would have said anything about missing a lead or that she did not enter my name into the contest, then I would think this is an oversight on her part.

She will not return my calls when I asked her to call me and explain. She insists that I call if I need to talk to her, but all I get is a machine. I understand she makes calls to but to not respond at all is wrong.

When she did call me, she told me Angela wants me to work a 3 hour block with the new dialer. Not one word about anything else.

I would like to copy and paste the email I am sending her to try one more time at some kind of resolution to this problem.

HERE IT IS;

Hello Tammy,
I am writing this email to you to let you know that 200 numbers is not enough numbers for me this weekend. I will be calling you as well to let you know by phone which is the way you said to communicate with you. When I call I do not get to talk to you. I just end up leaving a message. Well, this is another message, I need more than the 200 that are there. Please give me another 100 numbers. Like I said, I have made attempts to talk to you but I want this in writing as well.

By the way, I would like to know why you did not turn in my name for the contest of the weekend of the 11th. I never imagined you would not add my name. I would have never found out either if Angela had not looked it up and said my name had not been added.
I asked you to please explain to me why there were no qualifiers for the 4 lead contest. I called you and asked you to call me. I got no response from you. I wrote you an email or 2 asking how this was possible. Again, no response from you.

When I got leads in the beginning, I emailed you my lead. I got skipped when you would post the updates and I would email you and tell you I got skipped. Finally, you told me that I need to call my leads in, so I did that. But your still skipping me. Why? Then you won't give me numbers that I can make calls with. Like on Tuesday, the 21st you only loaded 50 numbers. That made the total at 250 numbers.

The contest for the day was top dialer. With only 250 dials where should I have got more numbers? Call you and wait for you to check your phone and give me numbers. In the mean time I have no numbers to call. You put in your emails that you are here for us that if I have questions to just ask, but you never answer them. WHY is that?

All I want is to know why you won't answer my questions.

I NEED 100 MORE NUMBERS PLEASE. I will back up this email by calling you and asking for more numbers. This is the way you ask me to communicate even though all I get is your machine. When you do talk to me on the phone you have not tried to explain leaving my name out of that contest or that you skip me on your daily updates and not getting enough numbers to work with.

By emailing my grievances to you like this, it puts you on notice that I would like to find a resolution to this conflict. This took some searching of the right words to explain myself. I am not a trouble maker and I just want the opportunity to make some money.

Well, that is it. I was hoping I might get some feedback to this before tomorrow. I know that this won't even be posted for a while so I guess I will send my manager the email and follow-up with a phone call. And then let the chips fall where they are gonna fall.

I certainly don't know about this Voip machine that I am now going to be responsible for.

By the way, I just wanted to mention that NHCD has never ripped me off of money in any way. I even got back my intial 19.95 to enroll.

I told Angela when she called on Monday that I had been reading some reports from other people from this website. She explained that with every company you will find disgruntled people that want to file grievances.

I am smart enough to know that if it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck and smells like a duck then it can only be a duck!

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but if any one has a rebuttal or advise please feel free to respond.

Signed,

Help, I can't get along with my manager!!

Deborah
Vancouver, Washington

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on NHCD National Healthcare Discount

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2006 01:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NHCD-National-Health-Care-Discount/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/NHCD-Help-its-my-manager-thats-ripping-me-off-Overland-Park-Kansas-177804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NHCD - National Health Care Discount

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

NHCD is a waste of time

AUTHOR: Dean - (U.S.A.)

Deborah,

Like many that post here I was let down by NHCD also. The only reason that I can think of why you didn't receive contest money is because your manager didn't pay into the contest pool.

As far as server numbers go.......they suck! Old people don't much like being bothered. Does NHCD still call businesses??

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post my email but I'll try.

I'm starting with a company monday that pays $12.00 per hour plus a bonus. It's appointment setting/lead generation. From what the main man told me it's really easy work. I don't get paid a referral fee or anything like that, I'm giving you this info because I like helping people when I can.

The only thing required of you is to record a voice example using their script and your computer mic. You will need to purchase a $15.00 cord that goes into your computers sound card so that you can record calls, the company who they contract for requires that leads be recorded. This is a good thing because if the lead says "nobody called me", then there's a recording that says "somebody did call you ya idiot"!

x is right, there are plenty of jobs that don't charge a fee and don't treat their employess like crap.

When or if you email me I will supply you with good places to look for at home work. You may know them already but maybe not.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Response To Help

AUTHOR: X - (U.S.A.)

Tammy, I am sorry you had to learn the hard way on how this company works. It sounds like you were a hard worker and again NHCD loses someone that could have been an asset to them. There are other legitimate work at home jobs and it does not cost you anything to work for them. You also will not be putting in as many hours as you did for NHCD and the pay is good without the aggrevation.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Way to Stand up to them Deborah!! ..you'll be much better off in the long run

AUTHOR: Ex- - (U.S.A.)

Disgruntled--Ha!! More like smart folks with brains. I'm sorry they gave you the boot Deborah, but you'll be much better off in the long run. With NHCD, if you are an independent thinker who can think through their garbage and see the truth, you aren't the type of person they want. This is a good thing!! Keep your chin up

This is my story and let the buyer beware.

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

Well, it is Friday afternoon. By this time I have called both Angela and Tammy advising them both that I was emailing them the copy of Tammy's email. I asked them both to call me concerning these issues. My manager called me back and that is when I verbally stated how upset I was that I felt she was leaving me out of contests.

She stated that she has been a manager for two years and not one person complained about her managment skills. She had explainations for every issue and when an apoligy came from her it wasn't sincere. It was because I confronted her.

I went on to let her know that I posted on this website because I felt I was being ignored and ripped off. I wanted her to know that I posted. She would say that she was gonna call Angela after we were done talking.

She accused me of being aguementative and that I would not be a good asset to the company. The reason she said this is because I also told her that I didn't know if I wanted to work for a company that treats it's workers so badly.

I don't feel right about trying to get seniors to sign up with their discount service. Ever try to call the customer service for yourself?? I couldn't get through. How can I tell my caller all they have to do is call customer service and their issues can be handled over the phone.

That is sales. I have never worked in sales and it is hard to try to push seniors who are on a fixed income (below poverty, most times)to buy this product and services?

I have lived on a fixed income myself and I know how hard it is to make it stretch. When you do make an investment you hope it is a good one.

Anyway, I got off track about managment. About 45 minutes later. Tammy calls again. She is letting me know what Angela has said to tell me. Angela will award $10 dollars for that weekend contest. And to also let me know that because I posted to this website that they can't have me work with them. Tammy also said that Angela cancelled the Voip Box and that it will not be sent to me. Thank goodness for me I won't be liable for it.

Well folks, if you are a consumer and thinking about trying their program, or if you think this a job for you, all I can say to you at this point is if you read all the postings about NHCD you will see the company treats its workers bad. Very bad business practice.

By the way I am no longer confused. Hopefully the money they send to me will continue to be good checks and not on closed accounts like a read in a report on this company.

I have read in some of the reports that people were being paid with bad checks. It has not happened to me yet. I have received their checks in the past and they have been good so far. In light of my departure from this company, I hope they continue to honor good checks until I am paid for my work.

I wished I would have known about this website before I got involved with NHCD. But then again, I would not have to post to this website if there were no other person who felt that they were wronged by this company.

This is my story and let the buyer beware.