• Report: #201479

• Submitted: Mon, July 17, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 17, 2006

• Reported By:West Palm Beach Florida
NHCD - National Health Care Discount
6520 N. 110th Street, Suite 202, Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

NHCD - National Health Care Discount ripoff Unauthorized direct withdrawals from my checking account Had to close my account!Overland Park Kansas

In 1999 I signed up for a dental discount plan offered by NHCD for which they billed me annually. Basically this was a dental referral program. For $80. a year I get to chose any dentist from their list. Sometimes I got a discount and sometimes well, I didn't.

Eventually I upgraded my health plan, which included dental, so when their bill came in I ignored it, assuming they would cancel me. But what happened is they took it upon themselves to start making monthly drafts from my checking account! I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS! I tried contacting them with no success.

My bank informed me that the only way I could stop them from drafting my account is to put a "stop" on each draft, which would cost me $15. and would not prevent them from doing it again. Either that or close the account (which I have had for 25 years) and open a new one, which is what I ended up doing. (Not bad, but as it is a business account I had to purchase new checks, deposit slips and endorsement stamp!)

Amazingly, written authorization is not required by a bank for them to initiate a direct withdrawal. All one needs is an account and bank number from someone's check! Wow.

All I can say is BEWARE!

Barbara
West Palm Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2006 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NHCD-National-Health-Care-Discount/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/NHCD-National-Health-Care-Discount-ripoff-Unauthorized-direct-withdrawals-from-my-checki-201479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NHCD - National Health Care Discount