Complaint Review: NHCD, National Health Care Discount

• Submitted: Fri, December 17, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, November 07, 2005

• Reported By:Fostoria Ohio
NHCD, National Health Care Discount
1122 Pierce St Siox City, Iowa U.S.A.
  • Phone: 712-255-9845
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

NHCD, National Health Care Discount ripoff do not pay you for your work Siox City Iowa, Overland Park Kansas

*UPDATE Employee: NHCD SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Labor Board

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: We should all get to gether for a civil suite

*Author of original report: Gee I wonder why nobody from NHCD responded to this report?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Small Claims Court

I started working fo NHCD in July 2004. At first I thought it was a great company. I paid the $74 deposit, did my 500 presentations and receive my refund in a timely manner. I was promoted to recruiting 3 weeks after I started. I never had any problems until they started making all the changes in Sept. or Oct.

When they made all the changes to the company, it was done on the spur of the moment. Nobody did their homework. Alot of people had problems about getting their paychecks and alot of the time they were not right. For a while we had no way of knowing if they were right or not because the company didn't provide us with any reports.

When we started hiring without a deposit we were told that new hires could sign up with Qwest or use their own unlimited business plan. What we were not told is that if they didn't sign up with Qwest we would not be paid. The comany gets between 20 to 35 dollars for every person they refer to Qwest. (verify this on Qwests website under their referral program compensation plan) Grant decided (in the middle of the game) that if your new hires were not on the report from Qwest you would not be paid for them.

The company owes several people including myself lord knows how much money and refuses to pay us mainly because they were not paid by Qwest. (Nice way to do business huh)

I contacted the Department of Labor and was told the only thing they could do was get me minimum wage for the time that I worked. Not very much help are they. They told me that I would have to take the company to small claims court. Well I,m a single mother of 4 children (which is why I wanted this job in the first place) and I can not afford to take anyone to court.

This Company does not give a SH-- about its employees and I would not recemend working for them at all. You spend alot of time on the phone and what ever else they say you should do and you are not compensated for your time.

I agree with the other post that said their should be an additional class action suit against this Company. They are ripping people off left and right and it needs to stop! Now I hear that there are some managers that will not be Paid for their time.

Its amazing to me how supposed employers can rip you off and their is not much that can be done about it. How are they allowed to stay in business?

Sarena
Fostoria, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2004 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NHCD-National-Health-Care-Discount/Siox-City-Iowa-51102/NHCD-National-Health-Care-Discount-ripoff-do-not-pay-you-for-your-work-Siox-City-Iowa-Ov-123310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NHCD, National Health Care Discount

NHCD SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN

AUTHOR: Leslie - (U.S.A.)

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will be dealing with trying to collect my pay today as they have written me several bad checks the past few weeks on a closed Acccount! Luckily I have a member of the family, a sister in law who is an atty advising me and another member of the family whom I spoke with who is a federal law enforcement employee whom I spoke with while recently in Texas helping me take all of the proper steps.

I just wish I had known before I recruited so many innocent people into this joke of an organization. Last month this same thing happened to me. I was also offered a management postioin with NBB and told all info would be provided to me when the owners got back from a cruise. This was relayed to me straight from my manager. So while some of us are working our rears off and not being paid, nhcd has owners whooping it up on a cruise! Nice huh?

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Labor Board

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I was an employee of NHCD for 3 months, and in the time I was hired there was no fees or charges for long distance, I was one of the lucky ones. Or so I thought I worked my leads for 2 weeks and then went to recruiting at first we were paid 5.00 per hire, then with in a week they got the contract with Qwest. Everyone was so excited the pay went up to 7.00 per hire just to switch to Qwest long distance, then of course the very next week we had to have a confirmation # added in with each hire, " so we could be sure to get paid" And all this while we were supposed employee's of NHCD. Now to begin with if you are an employee of a company you have to be paid for hours worked, They would only allow 2 hours logged a day or you would be in "trouble" thats bull, what ever you worked you can be compensated for, and ads that were placed is counted as time worked as well. And as far as hires that you are not paid for i would print everyone that I had off the computer or at least document how many I thoght I had, and Then write down all the ads that I placed online and in mailings and the approximate time it took me to do these things. Then call the Labor Board they will help you get your money, no small claims court involved You will get your money, my friend went this route and was satisfied with the results, the labor board is there to help you, and especially since nhcd was calling everyone employees, they cannot back out of pay owed. If more people would band together to take out this company then maybe they would not be around to prey on stay at home moms, dads, retired individuals, and the disabled. There are so many ligitimate work from jobs out there search around on www.workplacelikehome.com
I hope someone pursues the legal action against NHCD that they have comming to them,

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

We should all get to gether for a civil suite

AUTHOR: Deedee - (U.S.A.)

We should all get together and do somthing..this company need to go down..

THey rip off to many people..Well we could all sit back and watch ..they will get what is comming but why wait we can do it now....

Gee I wonder why nobody from NHCD responded to this report?

AUTHOR: Sarena - (U.S.A.)

Could it be that they all know that its the truth?

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Small Claims Court

AUTHOR: EX - (U.S.A.)

Typically small claims court charge is $35.00
well worth it seeing as how no one from NHCD would actually show up, however I also feel a class action suit should be started. there should be a website sign up somewhere.

Here's what happened to me. I worked for this "company" for about 4 months. When I was in recruiting they would do "chargebacks" on my check.. welp chargebacks are illegal in EVERY STATE unless you have the independent contractors or employees written consent. There was never anything anywhere written or verbally spoken about chargebacks in recruiting. Because someone stops payment on a check or gives a bad credit card number for the deposit I should not have been penalized but I was and so was my manager. NHCD owes me over $300 for their illegal chargebacks and owes my manager who no longer works for them over $500.

If someone starts a class action suit include me!