Complaint Review: NHCD,National Health Care Discount

• Submitted: Mon, October 31, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, October 31, 2005

• Reported By:Houston Texas
NHCD,National Health Care Discount
6520 W.110th St Suite 206 Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-720-5055
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

NHCD, National Health Care Discount ripoff: BAD CHECK AND BROKEN PROMISES Overland Park Kansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: That is being nice about it

Several months ago after reading all of the complaints here about NCHD I decided to leave NHCD for good. At the time (about 6 weeks into the job I still had not received my paycheck or my discount card or a refund on my long distance deposit.

It took them at least a good 2 1/2 months before they paid me ($26.95), at least 3 months before I got my discount cards (no good since I quit the company) and 3 1/2 months before I got my money back on my long distance deposit ($19.95).

The paycheck cleared without a problem but the $19.95 refund check bounced like the proverbial rubberball. To make matters worse, my bank charged me $5.00 for the insuffient check deposit.

It seems very odd to me that a multi-million dollar company would not have enough money in the bank to cover a $19.95 balance unless they were trying to rip someone off.It's also strange to me that you have to write them in order to get your refund.

Most companies customer service departments refund your money with a simple phone call not NHCD you have to request it in writing.Most companies also send out first paychecks within a couple of weeks NHCD will take for ever and then they will give you the least amount possible.

Take it from me this company is rotten to the core and you should not under any circumstances work for them. They will only screw you around as they have done counless others.My rip-off my be small but still it is a rip-off and needs to be reported.

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2005 01:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NHCDNational-Health-Care-Discount/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/NHCD-National-Health-Care-Discount-ripoff-BAD-CHECK-AND-BROKEN-PROMISES-Overland-Park-Ka-162683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NHCD,National Health Care Discount

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

That is being nice about it

AUTHOR: Deedee - (U.S.A.)

THis compnay is worse then that...

THey do not retutn phone calls for checks bounced or not even issued..
This company has put me through H e doubble--...
Now it is time Someone does it to them ...
They need to knowwhat it is like beingon this end of it all