Complaint Review: NIPSCO

• Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: Thelma — Gary Indiana United States of America
NIPSCO
801 E. 86th Street Merrillville, Indiana United States of America

NIPSCO Unfair billing and practice for residential customers Merrillville, Indiana

In 2006 NIPSCO demanded I pay a deposit of 310.00 as to which I did.  In September of 2011 I moved to a new address as to which NIPSCO demanded an additional deposit of 175.00.  When asked why I was being charged an additional ammount, NIPSCO replied "that the amount is based on the last tenants usage."  I then asked "What happens to my deposit(485.00) in the event of my death?"

NIPSCO replied, "The amount will be refunded to the depositor's address as shown on Northern Indiana's records."  What! how do you refund money to the deceasd?  How do you refund money to the address shown on Northern Indiana's records if the customer is no longer there?  My second complaint is I requested a Certificate of Deposit showing total amount of $485.00 over a month ago.  To this date I have not received a receipt.  How can NIPSO charge consumers based on someone else's usage?  NIPSCO is a ripoff in its unfair practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NIPSCO/Merrillville-Indiana-46410/NIPSCO-Unfair-billing-and-practice-for-residential-customers-Merrillville-Indiana-845425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NIPSCO