Complaint Review: NJ Boat Doctor

• Updated: Tue, June 15, 2010

• Reported By: JR — Wildwood New Jersey United States of America
NJ Boat Doctor
53 Spruce Street, Cranford, New Jersey 07016 Internet United States of America

NJ Boat Doctor The original NJ Boat Doctor, mobile machanic NJ Boat Doctor, Malpractice, left high and dry. Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NJ Boat Doctor has lots of happy customers

NJ Boat Doctor, the "origianal" mobile Boat Maintenance Contractor; Contacted to perform Mercury routine maintenance on my Bravo III out-drive. Change seals, change lube oil, install new anodes, clean, paint, inspect bellows, grease bearings, certify fit for use. Work duration was promised for a couple of weeks. After 2 and one half months my boat is still blocked and setting on dry ground. The boat has been launched twice and has had to be pulled and adjustments made to the out-drive. When I was finally able to actually operate the boat, after only a 15 minute sail, through a no wake zone, the newly serviced and warrantied unit blew up and I had to be towed back to the dock a charge of $560. The good Doctor took my unit and repaired it and re-installed the unit. A start up test found that it made loud noises and did not operate in reverse. Because I was unappreciative of the quality and duration of the services, the good NJ Boat Doctor, decided not honor his two year warranty and left me high and dry. I have been stuck with multiple lift charges $506 (in-out cost each time it would not operate) and the out of pocket cost paid to him $740. Now I am faced with additional cost (?) to find someone to fix what wasn't even broke when this really bad experience began. This is a really bad guy...please proceed with caution if you use him...suggest a crime report or background check. The result will speak for it's self. Oh, and the liability insurance that he said he carried, he didn't have. So I am really stuck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2010 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NJ-Boat-Doctor/internet/NJ-Boat-Doctor-The-original-NJ-Boat-Doctor-mobile-machanic-NJ-Boat-Doctor-Malpractice-l-612943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NJ Boat Doctor

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NJ Boat Doctor has lots of happy customers

AUTHOR: NJ Boat Doctor - (United States of America)

I understand that people sometimes cannot be satisfied. Jim Elser has filed a report against me that is a pack of lies! First, he paid me $740. to supply and install his serpentine belt, supply and install the impeller in his raw water pump, install a trim tab piston and new tabs which he supplied, install new anoids on the outdrive and tabs and replace gear lube. He was so pleased when I was finished that he gave me a $100. gratuity. He claims the drive blew up after 15 minutes of operation. He had to be towed back however, he did not pay $560. for the tow as stated since he was covered for free by seatow. I told him if it was related to anything I did I would pay for hoisting and re-blocking his boat. I took the drive apart to find out that the gears in the upper drive were gone. I replaced the required parts at a cost of approximately $1500. to me. I manually checked operation and reinstalled the drive. I was unable to check operation since he did not leave keys for this boat and it was on land. I have hundreds of satisfied customers and countless references and have been in this business for almost 30 years! Finally, he stated that I do not have liability insurance and I do. He knows I have insurance and has already filed a claim with my insurance company! He thratened that if I did not bend to him and pay for the boat hoisting and re-blocking that he would destroy my reputation so, I guess this is the start of him carrying out his threats. Or as he calls it "promises" Either way, this man is a nut case and his claim has no validity whatsoever!