Complaint Review: N.J. Gas and Electric

• Updated: Mon, March 31, 2014

• Reported By: Stephanie — Brick New Jersey
N.J. Gas and Electric
1 BridgePlaza suite 275 Fort lee,, New Jersey USA

N.J. Gas and Electric Ripped me off by raising my service rates 87 percent in January 2014! Fort lee, New Jersey

I too was the victim of the unscrupulous company called N.J. Gas and Electric.  I received a call from the company 2 years ago, stating that their company could save me money over my other provider, JCP&L.

Needless to say, here I am 2 years later with grossly inflated gas and electric bills.  My gas bill for  Jan/Feb was $420.00, up from $180.00 in December.  No additional usage or raised thermostats were the culprits.  I am now looking at a $690.00 gas bill, as they did not "adjust" the bill as they claimed they would do.

When I called the company (3 times) I got the old "I'll speak to my supervisor" line.  I asked the customer service rep to connect me to the supervisor myself, he replied that no rep speaks to the supervisor.  I guess this group is run by the Great and Powerful Oz.

I did some research and found that I am paying $1.40 per therm for gas, as opposed to the $0.44 I would be paying with NJ Natural Gas.  This comes out to an 87% increase in my rates iduring the  last 2 months, with no notice whatsoever. How any company can operate like this is outrageous.

How many other people have they done this to?  I hope that a true investigation is launched and the unfair practices that NJ Gas imposes on others is revealed, under the guise of benefitting the consumer.  Shameful!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NJ-Gas-and-Electric/Fort-lee-New-Jersey-07024/NJ-Gas-and-Electric-Ripped-me-off-by-raising-my-service-rates-87-percent-in-January-201-1135168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on N.J. Gas and Electric