Complaint Review: NJG&E

NJG&E
1 Bridge Plaza, 2nd Floor. Suite 275 Fort Lee, New Jersey USA

NJG&E NJG&E is a thief. Jacking price more than 3X's Fort Lee New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: NJ G & E

*Consumer Suggestion: Very sorry for the financial burden this creates, but you are with a market based supplier...

I am also one of many NJG&E victim. When I got my Jan-Feb gas bill last week I was shock to see it was $331, ($252 more than my utility company) on gas alone. I thought that it might have been a mistake and call them at 866-568-0290 but was put on hold for hours but still no answer. So I decided to be put on cue for them to call back. 2 more hours pass still no call back. Feeling uneasy I then call my utility company ( south jersey gas ) to see if there was a mistake. They told me that it's my marketer company charging $22.25 per DT and there is nothing they can do on their end. I was also told I had paid $50+ more for Dec-Jan bill compare to what they would charge.

Needless to say I was very upset because I was told when I sign up with NJG&E that they will cheaper than my local utility company. I then call them again. I waited more than an hour before a nice gentleman answered. Still hoping it was a mistake, I ask him how is it possible the price jumb almost 4 X's. He told me he will sent my request to billing to get this resolve and in 5-7 days someone will call me.

Today, 7days passed, nobody called so I call them again, waited an hour, got disconnected, call again. 45 minutes later a lady answer, got my info, told me there was a resolution. They want to refund me $50. I ask how can I accept $50 refund when NJG&E overcharge me $300+ from Dec-Feb, and I still have Feb-March bill coming up. No way! Then she ask me to hold for her manager. 2 minutes later she came, said her manager said that they will resubmit my request. 5-7 days they will call me she said. I am not holding my breath.

I want to give them a chance to resolve this properly before I will file a compliant with BBB. Or we should do a class action for this fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NJGE/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/NJGE-NJGE-is-a-thief-Jacking-price-more-than-3Xs-Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-1126364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NJG&E

NJ G & E

AUTHOR: Janet - ()

I am unfortunately in the same boat!  They are the most terrible company I have ever associated with!  My gas bill at this time last year was $230.00....last month it's $500!!!!  I cannot believe they can get away with stealing from customers...and we are talking about hundreds of dollars!  They better fix this and quickly cause i am not paying one more cent until they do!!!  Like you I thought it was a mistake...but it's not...and of course no one is there to speak to!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

They charge the MARKET PRICE for the power/gas.  They are NOT making a windfall profit on this and are overwhelmed with calls when it has to be done.  The extremely cold weather has put a strain on the supply chain and they are paying a LOT more than were previously.  Natural gas, where I live has increased noticeabley too and I'm with a REGULATED utility, but they purchase future supplies at a fixed rate, so the increase is quite a bit less...in other words, NOT market based.

Your supplier is feeling the pinch too, with bills going unpaid, overloaded customer service and answering huge amounts of complaints to the BBB and state utilities commissions.

No, I don't work for ANY utility company..I'm retired, but I have been following the market on all of this.  Let's hope this cold goes away soon. We  have a wind chill here today of 9 degrees and my furnace sure runs a lot.  Can't wait for my next bill. :(

Consequently