Complaint Review: NLOP (National League Of Poker)

• Submitted: Mon, July 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 29, 2013

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
NLOP (National League Of Poker)
www.nlop.com Internet U.S.A.

NLOP (National League Of Poker) 3 months later, after 2 seperate stated times, still not paid. Internet

*General Comment: Discrepency With Post

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: NLOP IS A SCAM

*Consumer Comment: never had a problem with it

*Consumer Comment: Why NLOP is having trouble paying

*Author of original report: Finally recieved a response.

NLOP is a site that you can play poker for free. Ads served in the clients and sponsors pay for the prizes that are issued.

On April 15th (Possibly the 8th), I won $125 for second place in their Monday $500 game.

In the middle of June I used the form for support to ask if I needed to do anything else. The next day I received a reply and was told no, that it would be the later part of June before I received it.

July 5th I asked again, using the same form. I received a auto response that they tried to answer e-mails within 24 hours. I have yet to receive any other response.

July 9th I asked again, using the same form. I received a auto response that they tried to answer e-mails within 24 hours. I have yet to receive any other response.

Several times I have replied to posts made by other users, as well as created 2 threads (2nd today) on players.nlop.com.

Their faq says it takes about 8 weeks. At 8 weeks they said a few more weeks. Since that time has now passed no response at all.

Since the April winnings, I have won other prizes, cash as well as a T-shirt. I received the T-shirt in less than 2 weeks. I have received no cash prizes at all.

Others have said they have received their prizes, including cash they have won from months after I have. Its been 3 months and they are not responding in any way, even over a week from when they "try" to respond to e-mails.

My last post was posted in their site earlier, someone else was spamming and it was cleaned up. My post wound up being the very top one left.

A mistake? Just non communication? No idea, but surely ripped off thus far.

Keith
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NLOP-National-League-Of-Poker/internet/NLOP-National-League-Of-Poker-3-months-later-after-2-seperate-stated-times-still-not-p-351203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NLOP (National League Of Poker)

#1 General Comment

Discrepency With Post

AUTHOR: logic82 - ()

Hello,

My name is Justin and I started playng at NLOP approximately 2 amonths ago. WIthin my first 2 weeks I was eligible for the new comers $25 freerol. I won first place and got my check 1 week ago. I then used that same check to buy vip and since then placed 2 more times and I am now waiting onmy checks. I have had no issues with this site so far and according to your post they are going bankrupt which makes no sense as they still have some of their major affiliates as we as some good sponsors and get paid quite well from their ads.

Aside from all of that, people say their site is rigged and it may6 very well be, but when I compare it to PurePlay or other sites this site does not seem it at all. Within the same issue, they have far more reasonble winnings and do not offer $5000.00 weeklys which shows they are trying torun a sustainable model and it seems to be working as you said in 2008 they were going bankrupt and here it is almost 2014 and they arestill in business. If what you are saying was or is true they would NOT stillbe in business as I have seen my fathers business fall and him go into bankruptcy and you could clearly tell. They would NOT be able to accept subscriptions as it would then be a criminal issue.

I will say it one llasttime, I have NOT had any issues with this site and I have had issues with PurePlay and until i see solid proof they have taken advantage (screenshots video, etc) then you have no basis to complain. Let me make an example, "I have a bridge in Broolyn I can sell you." Are you gonna bue that bridge without proof Iactually own it first? no you are  gonna want the proof. If you invest before trying to earn first, you take that risk and is why I always win first then buy and use their money to buy my memberships. If you are a free user then you have lost nothing in all reality and can be upset but should slam a company because you lose. I havemoticed that most people who pay think they "should" win because they paid. I have never seen a free user win and then complain as they always get paid, I have anyway from NLOP.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

NLOP IS A SCAM

AUTHOR: Tired Of The Scams - (United States of America)

I have played on this site and have never seen so many bs flops in my life,this is a rigged site that ONLY ALLOWES AMERICANS TO WIN,I was busted out of a $500 tourney when i had  Straight flush on the flop,of course the american hits runner to give him the royal flush,so i watched a few more hands and watched this same player flop  quad QS 6 times in a row,stawy away from this site it is here to ripp you off,oh  and btw i have never recived on cent of what they owe me and they refuse to reply back,anyone that says they recived money are either a liar or work for     NLOP

never had a problem with it

AUTHOR: Lovin' Life - (U.S.A.)

i have recently started playing on the site because my husband loves it. he has been playing on it for about a year now and has won several checks ranging from $10 to $100 each. he has always gotten them within 4-8 weeks and never had the first issue with it. he has several smaller checks for tournaments he has won in the last 2 weeks totalling $100. i have no doubt the checks will arrive.

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

They stated they sent a check, never received it. They finally started talking to me again, up until I told them fine, charge me $30 (was trying to get anything...) to cancel the check and resend it. Not responding started up again.

As the person mentioned, NLOP seems to be in very deep trouble. I just do not want others to use the site expecting anything other than them getting paid for it, and not them if they win anything.

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

Why NLOP is having trouble paying

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

You may want to see this report : http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?symbol=PWPY.PK

They have also loss most of their sponsors and affiliates that have helped them stay up and running by publicly slandering, lying and abusing their positions. They have several lawsuits pending against them and it is projected that they will not be open another year. Good luck on collecting, it may happen for you, but there are a lot of others that have not gotten payments after much longer a wait. After they file bankruptcy, they will not be required to pay.

Finally recieved a response.

AUTHOR: Keith - (U.S.A.)

They stated it was mailed 7/02. Still not received as of 7/15. Will update again when/if it is received.