Complaint Review: NME Magazines - National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 18, 2007

• Reported By:Appleton Wisconsin
NME Magazines - National Magazine Exchange
16120 U.S. Highway 19 North Suite 400 Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

NME Magazines - National Magazine Exchange took an unauthorized amount of money from my checking account won't let me cancel ripoff Clearwater Florida

I foolishly contacted NME after receiving a sweepstakes announcement and morefoolishly ordered magazines from them.

I was told after a 90 day FREE trial I would be billed $7.00 a month so I foolishly gave them my debit card number and was charged $69.00 right away

Later on the same day I called them back and asked to cancel. They told me I couldn't cancel until my trial period was up.

Now I think I'm screwed. How can I get out of this and is a verbal agreement on the phone binding in Wisconsin? Help

Jarod
Appleton, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2007 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-Magazines-National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida-33764/NME-Magazines-National-Magazine-Exchange-took-an-unauthorized-amount-of-money-from-my-ch-261780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NME Magazines - National Magazine Exchange