Complaint Review: NME Magazines & Publishers Clearing House

• Submitted: Sat, March 11, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 11, 2006

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
NME Magazines & Publishers Clearing House
www.nmemags.com & www.pch.com Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

NME Magazines & Publishers Clearing House ripoff Vultures & thieves. Both of these companies should be ashamed. Clearwater Florida

My ripoff story begins with Publisher's Clearing House because this is who is selling off names, addresses, phone numbers, & personal information. I thought I would try to become a millionare. I'm 52, alone, & having some physical difficulties. I am now embarrassed to admit I fell for this!

After sending the stuff in to PBS I started getting phone calls from various places selling vacation packages & MAGAZINES. I got a call from NME Magazines. The woman who called me was fun to talk to & throughout the conversation I would stop her and ask how much all this would cost. What she quoted numerous times was $53.-- for the magazines I ordered, which were USA Today, Home Magazine, home decorating magazines & news magazines was all I ordered. She then started to add all this "free stuff" just for buying the magazines I had agreed to. I hung up thinking I had made a pretty good deal.

Magazines began to come in my mail. I got magazines called Spin, Blender, & then Best Life (which is a joke because I am in a hate men stage following divorce & another breakup) This is a men's magazine. I also would not be in the market catagory of individuals reading Spin & Blender.

I have received 5 of the magazines I ordered. Not 5 of each, 5 total. I have received 7 of the one's I would never dream of picking up. They have taken money out of my account twice so far. Total amount being $106. There was another charge for a different magazine publisher, who of course NME knows nothing about.

I feel like such an idiot! I intend to call my credit union on Monday to tell them to stop payment to this company but I am afraid of what this company might do. If anyone has any further experience in what NME has done following not paying them, please let me know. I am in the process of buying a condo & I don't need any collections showing up on my credit report.

This is a sad way to make a living by stealing, cheating, & lying to people to get rich. I hope these companies greed & blatant disregard of peoples trusting nature takes them down hard eventually. I even hope the woman who called me, who seemed to be such a great person, suffers in some way for lying & cheating me. Karma is sometimes a wonderful thing.

Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2006 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-Magazines-Publishers-Clearing-House/Clearwater-Florida/NME-Magazines-Publishers-Clearing-House-ripoff-Vultures-thieves-Both-of-these-compan-180675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NME Magazines & Publishers Clearing House