Complaint Review: NME: National Magazine Exchange, (aka) SDP, (aka) Pat Haines, Etc Etc

• Submitted: Sun, September 10, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, September 10, 2006

• Reported By:jemison Alabama
NME: National Magazine Exchange, (aka) SDP, (aka) Pat Haines, Etc Etc
nmemags.com Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

NME: National Magazine Exchange, (aka) SDP, (aka) Pat Haines, Etc Etc Ripoff, and hassling with cancellation Clearwater Florida

Okay, I as every American(and probably other nations) recieve weekly, have gotten the Pat Haines exclusive: We have been trying to get in touch with you, you can win 2.1 million dollars!

I called because I wanted first-hand knowledge to empower myself when I came to argue the case of forced solicitation. When I called, they entered my name and information into the contest. Then came the selling power of the telemarketer. Telemarketers speak fast to sell as much as they can within a short time. Then, they usually transfer you to a supervisor to confirm (Which usually intimidates) that which the consumer has agreed to buy(Which in my case, I wasn't asked but, was just asked 'alright?' after each event, which I thought was them confirming I assimilated all the data they force-fed my cortex, not obtaining my approval. I signed up for all of it.

The hard part. When they give you the cancel information, it's even faster than them telling you what they're selling. I spent a long time looking for a number to call to get me to SDP's customer service. After getting ahold of their customer service, my service representative tried to get me to wait to cancel saying that they've done paid to put it together. Well, I repeated what he said with a slight spin. I asked if he can't refund my money as they told me. He said they would, just give it a chance. I told him no. He tried a different tactic. I repeated, so they can't give me a refund? This went on for a little while until I just flat out said to him that if they cannot give me a refund, I still do not want to try out the magazines. After that, he cracked, refunded my money and gave me the numbers to the other parties that I would have to call to cancel.

Note to all others that might have been scammed: They have to refund your money. They are not allowed to tell you that they are not allowed to. Simply ask them:'Are you not allowed to refund my money, as promised by the sales representative?'. If they want their job, they cannot tell you that they're unable to refund you. Just be prepared for a fight.

jemison, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2006 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange-aka-SDP-aka-Pat-Haines-Etc-Etc/Clearwater-Florida/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange-aka-SDP-aka-Pat-Haines-Etc-Etc-Ripoff-and-hassling-210279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NME: National Magazine Exchange, (aka) SDP, (aka) Pat Haines, Etc Etc