Complaint Review: N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange)

• Submitted: Tue, February 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 07, 2006

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange)
http://www.nmemags.com Clear Water, Florida U.S.A.

N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange) ripoff Clear Water Florida

I recieved a green card stating to call a 1-800 number immediately because they were trying to contact me. I called the next day, and they were holding a sweepstakes for a million dollars+ and jewelery and other prizes. Being the woman I am, I subscribe for two subscriptions to their magazines. In addition to the magazines, I would be getting 3 more free magazines, making 5 in total. I agreed, and was asked my card number. I gave them the credit card number, and was told I would only be billed ONCE. The next three months was a disaster, I was in debt because of another NME bill, and another, and another.

Finally, I had enough. I went online to find the NME phone number (because I had lost my card) and came across this website. I called NME and asked for customer services to cancel my account, now knowing it was a complete rip-off. A lady came on the line and had told me that I had been billed all the amount that needed to be paid. I asked for my credit card number to be removed and she told me she could not do that, since the number was in file work and also electronically submitted.

I honestly believe this market is a rip-off. And now that I know it really is, I know its not called NME because is a GOOD company, if you catch my drift.

Raychel
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2006 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange/Clear-Water-Florida/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange-ripoff-Clear-Water-Florida-175115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange)