Complaint Review: N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange)

• Submitted: Tue, February 07, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 09, 2006

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange)
http://www.nmemags.com Clear Water, Florida U.S.A.

N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange) ripoff Clear Water Florida

*Consumer Comment: Rip Off

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: What are you talking about?

I recieved a green card stating to call a 1-800 number immediately because they were trying to contact me. I called the next day, and they were holding a sweepstakes for a million dollars+ and jewelery and other prizes. Being the woman I am, I subscribe for two subscriptions to their magazines. In addition to the magazines, I would be getting 3 more free magazines, making 5 in total. I agreed, and was asked my card number. I gave them the credit card number, and was told I would only be billed ONCE. The next three months was a disaster, I was in debt because of another NME bill, and another, and another.

Finally, I had enough. I went online to find the NME phone number (because I had lost my card) and came across this website. I called NME and asked for customer services to cancel my account, now knowing it was a complete rip-off. A lady came on the line and had told me that I had been billed all the amount that needed to be paid. I asked for my credit card number to be removed and she told me she could not do that, since the number was in file work and also electronically submitted.

I honestly believe this market is a rip-off. And now that I know it really is, I know its not called NME because is a GOOD company, if you catch my drift.

Raychel
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2006 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange/Clear-Water-Florida/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange-ripoff-Clear-Water-Florida-175116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on N.M.E. (National Magazine Exchange)

Rip Off

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Obviously the rip off that occurred to the lady in Arizona was that she was charged more than she agreed to, Mr. Florida! And I know I have had it happen to me by the same company!!!! I guess I don't understand how these companies get away with this. I only know that what goes around comes around...so if you give bad business you will get it in return in one form or another by someone, Mr. Florida.
And for the rest of us: if it sounds to good to be true, it is. That is the rule of thumb I follow and has kept me safe (after learning the hard way of course)! I just hope this company can't sucker anyone else like the rest of us.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

What are you talking about?

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Please explain the rip off here?

I believe that the terms are clearly explained several times in great length. They also record and require you to say yes or OK several times during this verification. By the way, what is the rip off? You post a miscommunication (on you part.) Yet no rip off. In my humble opinion 5 magazines for the price of 2 is a great deal Considering magazines like Sports Illustrated cost ~$60.00/year.