Complaint Review: N.M.E National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Sun, November 13, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, November 13, 2005

• Reported By:lizella Georgia
N.M.E National Magazine Exchange
16120 U.S. 19 North Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

N.M.E National Magazine Exchange ripoff scams dishonest sales reps. selling magazines Clearwater Florida

I recently recieved a green post gram telling me that N.M.E has been trying to reach me. And to please call them at a 800 number.
When I finally decided to call; a man came on the phone and told me I was registered to win 2 million dollars in their sweepstakes. He told me the reason why I was getting a chance on the sweepstakes was because of my good credit. He asked if I had a credit card and continued to tell me about the package I was getting. He told me he was sending me a 40$ gas card, two diamond watchs and 2 magazines of my choice for $1.79 then they ended up adding three more magazines for free.

I ending up talking to three different men. I said NO to the last two men atleast 4 or 5 times. I told them I didn't want the magazines or the other things. I did tell them I had a credit card but I didn't tell them the number.They already had my address. The only information I ended up giving out was my phone number. I hope I don't hear from them again. That is my only concern.

Jenny
lizella, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2005 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida-33764/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange-ripoff-scams-dishonest-sales-reps-selling-magazines-Clea-164458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on N.M.E National Magazine Exchange