Complaint Review: N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Sat, September 04, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, July 21, 2007

• Reported By:Hixson Tennessee
N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange
16120 U.S. 19 North Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange (N.M.E.) is a rip-off! False representation! Rude customer service! Clearwater Florida

*Consumer Comment: Thanks again for showing us the "caliber" of employees.

*UPDATE Employee: DUMB

I received a 'second notice' N.M.E. (Clearwater, Florida) in the mail with a sweepstakes number on it. "Family Circle" is stamped in large letters on this notice, so I assumed it was a Family Circle sweepstakes. I phoned the 800 number and the girl said she was from Florida, told me they were waiting for Hurricane Frances to hit, asked about our weather where I live, and then asked for my phone number. I told her I didn't give out my phone number because it was on the national registry of "do not call" numbers and I didn't want it getting spread around. She assured me they had a 'special place' for phone numbers that, by request, would never be given out to other companies. She said it would ONLY be used to contact me if I was a winner. I reluctantly gave the phone number and had a sinking feeling as soon as I did becaus of the following.

She instantly proceeded to tell me I had been selected to receive several magazines, etc etc etc. I told her I didn't want any magazines but she kept talking like she couldn't hear me. I got LOUDER!! I repeated several times that I didn't want any magazines. She kept talking over me. Finally I said "You're making me very angry. I've told you at least ten times that I don't want any magazines or anything else, for that matter. Now, please delete the number I just gave you because I don't want anymore to do with you or NME, PERIOD!"

Her response was to say, "transferring you now" and she transferred me to a recorded message announcing a long list of promotions. By this time, needless to say, I was shouting, but she appeared not to hear me, and never paused for a second. I think she must have had me on 'mute' or something... I accept full responsibility for responding to the mail notice, but I honestly thought it was from Family Circle, a reputable magazine. What can be done about these NME people? I was/am very upset, my entire Saturday morning has been ruined by this company and they now have my phone number. I fully expect that they will start sending me magazines but hell will freeze over but I pay anyone a cent for them.

Livid

S.
Hixson, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2004 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange/Clearwater-Florida-33764/National-Magazine-Exchange-NME-is-a-rip-off-False-representation-Rude-customer-serv-106961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange

Thanks again for showing us the "caliber" of employees.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Here's Tarzan's retarded cousin Anonymous again showing us what educated, articulate, professional and courteous employees they have.

Has it ever occured to you that you're doing more harm to your employer than any of the reports posted here? No? I thought not.

It's no wonder why you're "Anonymous." Any supervisor worth a darn would fire you immediately because of the harm your doing to the company!

With employes as you, I'm sure your company will continue to enhance it's public image! LOL!

DUMB

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

YOU THOUGHT THAT LADY WAS STILL ON THE LINE AFTER SHE TRANSFERRED YOU? DID YOU SERIOUSLY POST YOU THOUGHT SHE HAD YOU ON MUTE OR SOMETHING. UM WHAT DOES THE WORD TRANSFER MEAN? HMM? LOOK IT UP OK? PLEASE. IT MEANS SHES NOT ON THE LINE ANYMORE! SHE TRANSFERRED YOU! N U STAYED ON THE LINE THROUGH THE WHOLE THING AND GOT SO AGGRAVATED WHEN YOU COULD OF JUST OH I DONT KNOW HUNG UP THE PHONE! HAHA YOU AMAZE ME.

OH NO THEY HAVE UR PHONE # BUT SHE PUT IN THAT SPECIAL FILE SO YOU WONT BE CALLED! WHAT ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT? EVEN IF SHE DIDNT PUT YOU IN THAT FILE. NME ONLY CALLS YOU IF YOU HAVE WON THE SWEEPSTAKES IN WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU WOULD BE SO MAD IF THEY CALLED YOU THEN. I REALLY HOPE THEY DONT CALL YOU. IT WOULD REALLY BE UNFORTUNATE FOR YOU OF ALL PEOPLE TO RECEIVE ALL THAT MONEY.