Complaint Review: NME Prize Disbursement

• Submitted: Sun, January 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2008

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
NME Prize Disbursement
16120 US Highway 19N Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

National Magazine Exchange Prize Good to know NME is a ripoff before I got suckered! Clearwater Florida

I too received a bogus prize notification in the mail. It came in an official looking envelope warning me to "Open Carefully - Do Not Destroy Contents Contained Herein".

After following the instructions, I found another official looking document telling me they had been trying to locate me regarding my ID in a sweepstakes for $2.1 Million dollars. All I needed to do was call the number provided and give them my activation code.

I have to admit I was very intrigued and tempted. But first I very closely scrutinized the envelope and contents trying to determine if there was anything suspicious about it. I couldn't detect anything so I was just about to dial the number when I thought I'd Google NME and see what comes up.

Wow! Was I surprised when I clicked on your site and began reading the countless incidents from others who'd been scammed. I want to say THANKS! Had it not been for your site, I would probably have been scammed too.

Brenda
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2008 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-Prize-Disbursement/Clearwater-Florida-33764/National-Magazine-Exchange-Prize-Good-to-know-NME-is-a-ripoff-before-I-got-suckered-Clear-303776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NME Prize Disbursement