Complaint Review: NMG*HANDYMAN CL.

• Submitted: Sun, October 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, October 28, 2012

• Reported By: Deborah — Fayetteville Tennessee United States of America
NMG*HANDYMAN CL.
12301 Whitewater Drive Minnetonka, MN Internet United States of America

NMG*HANDYMAN CL. Handyman Club of America Debited my bank account two successive charges in a row for $36.00 on 10/28/12 for no svcs or goods handymanclub.com, Internet

*Author of original report: Search for documentation to support charges incurred

Two distinct $36.00 debited to my account. No reason given. Found a ph. no. online.

Called. Was prompted to give a member acct #. I don't have one.

On Suncay morning 10/28/12, I discovered two successive $36.00 charges had been debited to my checking account by a company described in the bank's line item description as:     NMG*HANDYMAN CL.

Using the internet, I searched online for anything resembling this letter/name sequence and came upon several different complaint web sites where people had left complaints ranging from a $36.00 fee mysteriously taken from their account, to others having been charged $24.00 fees for unknown reasons, to still others who had resolved this kind of issue only to receive additional bills demanding payment and some who had been turned over to collection agencies for non payment.

This company seems to be located in Hopkins, MN. When I called the phone number I'd located on one complaint site, (800) 243-7679, an automated voice prompted me to enter my member number which I could allegedly find on my magazine from this company or on a bill I have received. I have not received either a magazine or a bill from this company, I have no idea how they got my information, and I will be contacting this company Monday morning. IF the pending charges have not cleared as valid debits to my account, I am going to strongly indicate that this company should cancel the pending debits immediately as there is no need for me to wait 3 or 4 days (as some have been told they must do) in order to recover my funds. They haven't cleared, thus, they need not recycle back out of my account. Had this total of $72 (I'm on Social Security) caused overdraft
charges to my account, I feel I would have been within my rights to force them to pay all associated overdraft fees.  I am not very happy about feeling as though I have been used for financial gain by some targeting scam company who obviously has a pretty good history of having done this numerous times to numerous others. I am going to contact the FTC about this as well, and I will tell this scam company I have done so as well.

I want the two $36.00 unauthorized pending debits to my checking account reversed before they go from a pending debit status to a full authorized (on the scammer's end) debit status wherein funds are indeed extracted from my account forcing me to wait several days for the charges to recycle back out of my checking account and then again another wait for them to be redeposited. If that is the case, and the pending debit cannot be halted, I want this company held liable for any overdraft and other creditor-related charges I incur due to their profligate accounting practices that result in fees being assessed me either by my bank or other creditors whose valid debits are denied.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2012 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NMGHANDYMAN-CL/internet/NMGHANDYMAN-CL-Handyman-Club-of-America-Debited-my-bank-account-two-successive-charges-i-961203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NMG*HANDYMAN CL.

Search for documentation to support charges incurred

AUTHOR: syntara - (United States of America)

Since my only possible contact with this company would have had to have been via electronic communication to initiate a relationship between us, I have searched all emails over the past several weeks incoming and outgoing email archives I have and I have not had any negotiations or even casual contact interfaces with Handyman Club. Therefore I can find no substantiating information to document a business relationship ever existed between this company in any way that would lend credence for charges they have debited from my bank account on 10/28/12.  Namely, two immediately successive $36.00 charges that do not list any purpose for said charges to have been applied to my bank account,