Complaint Review: NMS Subscriptions

• Submitted: Fri, November 19, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 19, 2004

• Reported By:Tigerton Wisconsin
NMS Subscriptions
P.O. Box 8050 Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

NMS Subscriptions Dishonest selling practices running a scam Glendale Arizona

*Author of original report: NMS Subscriptions Glendale Arizona

I was contacted by NMS Subscriptions about renewing my ESPN the magazine. I told the salesperson I was not interested. He asked 'why'? I explained that I did not care for the format of the magazine. He then replied that several other customers made similar complaints and that ESPN was changing their format to meet customer needs. He offered a couple of FREE issues to look at and a 4 year subscription rate. I agreed that if I liked the new format I would go with a new 4 year subscription.

I was then transferred to his supervisor Jeffrey who recorded our conversation about me agreeing to a 4 year subscription. He did not mention the FREE issues however. He did pressure me to put the entire bill on my credit card for an additional 10% off. I declined because I wanted to see the new format before committing any money. Eventually I got him to send me the bill.

In October I received a bill for $141.04 but no FREE magazines. I did not pay. In November I received a PAST DUE statement. I contacted NMS and was told that they have a recording of me agreeing to a 4 year subscription and they were holding me to it. If I refused to pay they would send it to Galaxy Collection Service. I inquired into the employee who offered me the FREE magazines and they stated he no longer works for them. The only thing they would do was lower the subscription from 4 years to 1 year for $43.80 which is about $30.00 more than most offers available!

They also said they included a 5 day cancellation window which started the day after they called me. But how would I know that their offer was fraudulent in those 5 days? I didn't receive any magazines or correspondence until the bill arrived a month later!

This company is running a scam. Their salespeople offer deals that are fraudulent and the company puts the responsibility on the consumer to catch them at it. I have registered complaints to the Better Business Bureau, Wisconsin Dept. of Justice, a Private Attorney, and ESPN headquarters. Hopefully this matter will be dealt with and my credit repaired.

Michael
Tigerton, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2004 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NMS-Subscriptions/Glendale-Arizona-85312/NMS-Subscriptions-Dishonest-selling-practices-running-a-scam-Glendale-Arizona-118862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NMS Subscriptions

NMS Subscriptions Glendale Arizona

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

NMS Subscriptions apparently does business under other names: Subscription Services, National Magazine Services, Service Unlimited Plus, SKS Services, and SKS Subscription. Beware of these companies. The BBB has an UNsatisfactory record for Subscription Services due to 'unanswered and unresolved complaints...'