Complaint Review: NORTH SHORE AGENCY - Rondale - Prevention Magazine

• Submitted: Wed, January 07, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 07, 2009

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
NORTH SHORE AGENCY - Rondale - Prevention Magazine
270 Spagnoli RD Melville, New York U.S.A.

NORTH SHORE AGENCY INC.. Rondale Customer Service ..Prevention Magazine Company uses fraudulent billing in the hopes of payment IE Mail Fraud. Melville New York

On the date of January 5th 09 I received a fraudulent bill in the mail requesting that I pay $11.88 for a magazine subscription I never ordered which was "Prevention Magazine."
I never ordered such a subscription nor would I ever.

I did a background check on North Shore INC and found out that they have are are STILL using this illegal tactic to defraud consumers in other states as there are pages of people defrauded by them or have gotten fraudulent bills for other magazines.

I called the Washington State Attorney General to report them and they said they'd also put a warning up in their area that warns the elderly of fraud.

In Florida they have a Class Action suit brought against them sending out fraudulent bills. Looks like many more will come.

So I Called Prevention Magazine {Jan 06 09 } or should I say..NORTH SHORE AGENCY at 1-800-365-3276 and pressed 0 for customer service.

Hellooo..I got a bogus bill from you guys and I never ordered your magazine, the woman "Diane" said.
Is your name so & so?. I said Yes after telling her the correct way to say it.

IS your E-mail Address so & so and did you take an on line survey?
I said NO. There is no E-mail address at the site she said which uses that name I checked,tho I do keep an e-mail address at the site and only use it to store files.

She/Diane said she would cancel the bill. It better be..{or I'm getting a lawyer as stuff like this just ticks me off, not for myself but for the elderly these types target.}

I said looks like your gonna get another class action suit in WA State,boy did her demeanor change real fast and I hung up.

So in my opinion it would also look like they are also using an on line {Health?}survey to dupe people into trying a trial subscription to a magazine in which you have to write "Cancel" on the bill to stop it in some cases besides sending out bills in the hopes of getting money. {I'm guessing here}

People if you get these types of fraudulent bills please file Mail Fraud reports on-line or at your local post office if you got a fraudulent bill as it IS classified as Mail Fraud as they are using the postal service to dupe people into paying for items they never ordered. Also contact your state's Attorney General office and file a complaint with them as there sure has to be more people getting scammed in your state then just you.

Keep the bill for your records.

I took down her name,the date I called and who I spoke with.

Good luck to everyone and I hope they'd get run out of business.

Also..Never pay for ANYTHING you never ordered.

Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2009 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NORTH-SHORE-AGENCY-Rondale-Prevention-Magazine/Melville-New-York/NORTH-SHORE-AGENCY-INC-Rondale-Customer-Service-Prevention-Magazine-Company-uses-fraud-409212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NORTH SHORE AGENCY - Rondale - Prevention Magazine