Complaint Review: NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY

• Reported By: tickedoff — allen Texas United States of America
NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY
5900 West Plano Parkway Plano, Texas United States of America

NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY NTTA DECEPTIVE FEE SCAM Plano, Texas

I received a "violation invoice" from the NTTA saying that I owed them--not only $7.56 in regular tolls--but an additional $150.00 in ADMINISTRATIVE FEES!!!

Apparently, the NTTA charges $25 for EACH toll violation.  I didn't know about these fees, and this is the first letter I've received from the NTTA on this matter. I know the NTTA has a history of deceptive practices in order to bring in money, but this is one of the most deceptive I've come across. (well...it IS a government agency, so why should I be surprised?). The fact that I had not received any other notices from the NTTA about this issue is another source of consternation.  Maybe, if I had been notified after ONE violation, I would have paid the fee and simply gone on with my life.  But no.  Now it's over $150, and now they want it all...or else!

The ironic thing is, I HAVE A TOLLTAG which has never left my vehicle since I got it several years ago.

VERY ANGRY about this, it should be illegal to pull this stunt!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2010 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NORTH-TEXAS-TOLLWAY-AUTHORITY/Plano-Texas-75093/NORTH-TEXAS-TOLLWAY-AUTHORITY-NTTA-DECEPTIVE-FEE-SCAM-Plano-Texas-642425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY