Complaint Review: NORTON

• Submitted: Fri, December 07, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: jennifer — durham North Carolina United States of America
NORTON

NORTON Norton live I purchased Norton 30 protection software, the tec. said he would need a additional $39.99 to install it, because it had a infection that needed to be removed. I waited 5 days on hold for 8 hours, Internet

I bought over $100.00 of Norton software, with removal of so called infection. I was suppose to be called when the tech named Rishu when it was finished. No one ever called me, nor removed the virus, or installed the Norton360 protection software.

I called repeatedly , just to be put on hold, for the next availabe tech. but found my self on hold for approx. 6 hours per day, listening to really bad staticky james bond music from the 60's. I did this routine for 5 days straight. ALL day log.

I was told there was only 5 technicians working.  Knowing that Norton must have trillions of customers depressed me even further. On the 5th day I demanded to be connected to the manager for the second time. I was fed up and he knew it.

He tried to put me on hold, but I refused and threatened to kill myself. Eventually he gave me a refund, but the bank has yet to reflect that information, so I am unsure. I am appalled that this company with it's well known name NORTON would keep me on hold 6-8 hours for 5 days straight and NOT resolve the issue, or satisfy me in anway.

Is there any reputable company who does remote cleanups, virus removal or software installation,or do you have to buy a new computer ever 3 months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NORTON/internet/NORTON-Norton-live-I-purchased-Norton-30-protection-software-the-tec-said-he-would-need-979075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NORTON