Complaint Review: NORVERGENCE

• Submitted: Thu, July 01, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, July 18, 2004

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
NORVERGENCE
550 BROAD STREET NEWARK, New Jersey U.S.A.

NORVERGENCE BOUNCED ALL EMPLOYEE CHECK FOR PAY PERIOD 6-18-2004 NEWARK New Jersey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Rebuttal to Michelle

*Consumer Suggestion: Rebuttal to Michelles Rebuttal

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Big Cheese Here

*UPDATE Employee: Some nerve to complain so much after "working" ONE WEEK!

I was hired by Norvergence on June 1st,2004, after attending they "training class" for customer service I realized that the company was full of shit. Anyway I worked resigned on June 9,2004 up to date Norvergence has not paid me. I spoke to current employees and were told that ALL Norvergence pay check BOUNCED. Remind you that this company suppose to be 200 Millions (yeah right ) Don't fall for the crap. Today is July 1st and I still did not receive a check or explaination about my pay. I reported Norvergence to the Dept of Labor and the Attorney General in NJ. I called the company several times and kept getting jerked around. That is they typically pratice , they does it to the customers all the time. ANYONE INTENDING TO WORK FOR NORVERGENCE OR RECEIVE THE SO CALLED "MATRIX BOX" THINK LONG AND HARD. THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFF, AND DON'T SIGNED THE 5YR CONTRACT YOU WILL BE REGRET IT DAILY.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION WHEN IT COMES TO NORVERGENCE.

Ann marie
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2004 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NORVERGENCE/NEWARK-New-Jersey/NORVERGENCE-BOUNCED-ALL-EMPLOYEE-CHECK-FOR-PAY-PERIOD-6-18-2004-NEWARK-New-Jersey-97248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NORVERGENCE

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Rebuttal to Michelle

AUTHOR: Stuart - (U.S.A.)

Here are my points:

(1) I give Ann Marie credit for walking out on
Norvergence. I wouldn't want to work for free at any place either. The fact that she did this within a week's time shows how aware as to what was going on over there.

(2) Suggesting to companies about being careful in
interviewing Ann Marie may bring an additional
lawsuit against Norvergence for defaming her character.

(3) As far as the Matrix supposedly being a great
product, Norvergence is in bankruptcy.

(4) "...I am also hopeful Norvergence hires people who can speak, read and write English correctly!!"
What's good for the goose is also good for the
gander Michelle because you misspelled truly as
"truely", you misspelled Ann Marie's name and your
English grammar stinks as you're using allcaps to shout with (by the way I would never hire you for
more reasons than just grammar).

(5) Your dedication to that deceitful, fraudulent
company, Norvergence, towards attacking another
employee who got screwed by Norvergence makes me
label you a Norvergence shill.

(6) "I'm taking advantage of all I have been taught here, technically, and running with it!"
Better start running over to the bankruptcy court
to get paid if there's anything left over.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Rebuttal to Michelles Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Michelle of Wayne New Jersey you are the COMPLETE moron that Norvergence was looking for,.. a stupid, docile, unthinking, corporate clog, who most probably is unemployed as of yesterday, and completely clueless as to how it happened,....

Maybe if you had HALF of ANA's intuition, and a THIRD of your own self worth you would have realized that you were working for the telecom equivalent of a PONZI scheme,...ANA sure did, and quickly,...You should thank god you live in modernized society or you would have been fed on by WOLVES years ago,....Good luck working at the BON-TON in the mall,...... Way to go ANA ! you;'ve got some street smarts....

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Big Cheese Here

AUTHOR: Salzano - (U.S.A.)

Anyone whos defends this company is either blind or one of upper management that got paid WELL to keep their mouth shut about the entire downfall of the company. They knew what was happening, and with smug faces made us work until the day before payday to shove a big dick in our asses. And not paying us for the pay period before, bounced checks.. Let me explain something, I am one of the 1400 people that that raped out of money, I myself $9000. The scumbags at Norvergence pulled this crap once before, similar type of company, what they would do is slam your phone lines and change the pic code to take over your lines. This time it was tricking people into believing that they were not switching phone carriers (changed to Qwest)or changing anything, getting brand new phones(Old refurbished phones that were 4 years old)....Then pulling a bait and switch with a 5 year contract, the bank paid Norvergence after the Matrix box was mounted, and forget about the clients. (Notice how fast they got that box and the wall and it sits there for 5 months and you pay the bank?) They had about only 30 customer service reps, who were never at their desks, just wandering around, people on hold for 45 minutes plus, until you got so pissed and tired of waiting you hang up.. Good scam...I wonder what state is next to start a new bogus company, MA, IL, FL, who knows? What correctional facility and work release program for security and half the sales floor? Time will tell. And to the idiot who defended this company, you said to the end? You moron the end was yesterday, what were you on vacation, or at home hiding from the office? (I know who you are....) Enjoy that vacation before you head to prison....

Some nerve to complain so much after "working" ONE WEEK!

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Your're really reaching for the stars aren't you? Quitting after only one week of training? Who were you after one week of TRAINING in a new company to determine Norvergence is "full of shit"? I also advise for companies interviewing "Ana" to "PROCEED WITH CAUTION"!

As far as the company as a whole, I am hopeful things work out because the Matrix truely is a great product! You are only exposed to those who are unhappy with our service but how about the THOUSANDS who were MORE than happy?

Although the company is where it is now for whatever reason, I love my job and will be here til the very end. Never have I worked with such a smart, hard-working, dedicated and caring team! I'm taking advantage of all I have been taught here, technically, and running with it!

If things happen to work out, I am also hopeful Norvergence hires people who can speak, read and write English correctly!!