Complaint Review: NPC PIZZA HUT

• Submitted: Fri, March 14, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 09, 2009

• Reported By:ASHEBORO North Carolina
NPC PIZZA HUT
620 W 20TH ST. PITTSBURG,KS ASHEBORO, North Carolina U.S.A.

NPC PIZZA HUT AGE DISCRIMINATION ASHEBORO North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Age discrimination?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: That sounds familiar

*Consumer Comment: Pizza Hut

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: THE MAN IS CORRECT

I worked for npc/pizza for a total of 12 years. i was a member of the acquisition team to train managers of newly accquired stores. while being a general manager of a million dollar restaurant based delivery store.

npc was recently purchased by a merrill lynch private equity group which changed the financial priorities of the company which effects the total customer and employee experience with the company.

my immediate supervisor, the area general manager, controlled the budget i had to operate the store, money and hours for employees to work, while demanding more sales dollars per hour worked or use less hours while demanding more sales dollars. sales dollars are directly related to the marketing initiatives of the company.

after their disastrous marketing of crunchy cheesy crust pizza which saw sales plumet in most markets. my agm started demanding more and more from my store while not helping me at all. i was the last tenured male manager of his 7 stores, his history is terminating tenured managers and replacing them with assistant managers he could pay substantially less money.

Tyler
ASHEBORO, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2008 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NPC-PIZZA-HUT/ASHEBORO-North-Carolina-27203/NPC-PIZZA-HUT-AGE-DISCRIMINATION-ASHEBORO-North-Carolina-318038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NPC PIZZA HUT

Age discrimination?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

No where in this report to I see any age discrimination.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

That sounds familiar

AUTHOR: Noname - (U.S.A.)

That sounds just like my old AGM Jefty, I was fired on 07/04/09 for stopping at a store. He will come into the store and sit at the computer stuffing his face with wings and do nothing. One day we were short and I was trying to make pizzas while the driver was on deliveries the csr was in the cooler when the phone rang, the laze good for nothing AGM with a phone right beside him yells "are you gonna get that!" Pizza hut sucks now with these big corporate franchises. All they care about is the bottom line.

Pizza Hut

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Sounds pretty typical of businesses these days. As a former employee of a Pizza Hut, I had a worthless Area Manager who did practically nothing but stand in one spot and "supervise" while I ran my unit. I finally quit after he ran off my best assistant I ever had. He also had a history of running off other quality employees and not only slandered me and got away with it, but he made comments my assistant felt were sexually harrassing and, of course, the district manager did nothing about it. Thanks Greg, you stupid jerk! As for Bob Empey, I hope you rot you lazy a*s. You didn't deserve your position in that franchise. I guess those that can ...do, and those that can't...become Area Managers and Human Resource Officers.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Tyler,

You may not remember me, but I worked for you in 06/07. I would like to confirm your report as TRUE.

I would also like to point out that the Pizza Hut in question is now INCAPABLE of taking an order correctly, much less producing a pizza. This bothers me, as I know that this is not a difficult task. I do not believe replacing an experienced manager with a 'cheaper' one is a good fix to any financial problem, especially now that I have seen the results.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds