Complaint Review: NR and Associates

• Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Dee Moore — Oakland California United States of America
NR and Associates
None given Hayward, California United States of America

NR and Associates Lisa Unprofessional and Looking for a Fight Hayward, California

*UPDATE Employee: Inaccurate Information

*UPDATE Employee: Inaccurate Information

Got back from lunch today and had a message from my girlfriend she got an NR rep on the phone that told her she was me and that she had a case in his office and that she was a debtor.

I returned the call and got Ashley. I stated that they had not spoken to me but, someone else and that they should not have given that information out.

Ashley transferred me to Lisa the NR Manager  They didnt even address that issue, thay went on to tell me that I owed 250 dollars to Check n Go from 2000 and it is now $425.00. I don't recall this and asked if she could provide me something in writing.

She told me that I had to make a payment arrangement and that after I did that they would send me the documents outlining the debt.

I told her that I am not saying that I don't want to pay I just need to see documentation of the debt to verify. She stated that I was declining the offer and that they were going to send me a 1099C. What is that?

I told her I would not just be shelling out money and not know whom Im paying and for what. She said we will see me in court and that you have declined our offer.  Im not even sure if I owe this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NR-and-Associates/Hayward-California-/NR-and-Associates-Lisa-Unprofessional-and-Looking-for-a-Fight-Hayward-California-990823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NR and Associates

Inaccurate Information

AUTHOR: Manager @ NRA - ()

All the calls are recorded are monitored. We have an employee that maintains and monitors all of our FDCPA policies and procedures to ensure that we as a staff follow them to the letter of the law. Our staff is not allowed to insult, use profanity, bully, harass, threaten or abuse any consumers. Our office is a voluntary company, no one is required to pay us, nor do we believe in harassing people to resolve their debts. We offer a resolution, a settlement plan, and a payment plan for the consumers who are interested in clearing up their old debts / collections.

We provide all of our arrangements in writing to ensure we uphold our agreement. We do not believe in providing our physical address to ensure the safety of our staff. We do however, offer several different options for communication with us corresponding to our PO BOX address, email, telephone, or fax. We in no way are attempting to hide or deceive consumers. We are a registered, licensed, and legitimate company trying to offer consumers a voluntary option to resolve their personal debts.

Inaccurate Information

AUTHOR: Manager @ NRA - ()