Complaint Review: NRS Services

• Updated: Thu, September 17, 2009

• Reported By: Eileen — Massapequa New York USA
NRS Services
11056 Renaissance Dr Davidson, North Carolina United States of America

NRS Services Advised me that I owed $289.99 cancellation fee for magazines I never got from 2004 and were charged to my Discover Card, Wanted me to pay them directly. I nevered ordered or received these magazines Davidson, North Carolina

I was notified by NRS that I owed a cancellation fee for magazines ordered in 2004 and supposedly charged to my Discover card.  I did not remember every doing this.  Their letter stated that my account would be going to the legal department and to court at the end of September.  I called as requested to speak to "Bethany" or "Lewis". I spoke to a woman, (she didnt give her name) who stated that if we didnt take care of this the legal fees could rise to $3000.  I told her this was ridiculous as it was not my charge and the statute of limitations must have run out as this supposedly happened so long ago.  She told me that magazine companies have upto ten years to collect, (which also didnt sound legitimate).  SHe sent me supposed copies of lettters mailed to me in 2004, which had no signature and which I have never seen before.  They also had my phone number as my old work phone number.  I do not know how they got that number.  I have now tried to call the phone number of NRS and receive an answering machine.  I left a message and no one has called back.  I never ordered these magazines and it is absurd for them to think I would pay a cancellation fee of $289.99!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2009 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NRS-Services/Davidson-North-Carolina-28036/NRS-Services-Advised-me-that-I-owed-28999-cancellation-fee-for-magazines-I-never-got-fr-496213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NRS Services