Complaint Review: NSA, North Shore Agency, INC

• Updated: Sun, August 23, 2009

• Reported By: Norris724 — wichita falls Texas USA
NSA, North Shore Agency, INC
www.nsapay.com Internet United States of America

NSA, North Shore Agency, INC. This companey keeps sending me a collection notice for a magazine order i never placed. or recieved, ive contacted them 4 times now. they say they wll look into the matter. they never do. wichita falls, Texas

* : Tell them to provide proof.....

This companey keeps sending me collection notices about a magazine order. National enquirer. i never ordered this magazine. i even sent email to National Enquirer and they told me they have no account file on me. NSA has been contacted 4 times. i have been told they will look into this matter. but still 3 months later. all im getting is collection notices. the amount now is.  $61.88

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2009 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSA-North-Shore-Agency-INC/internet/NSA-North-Shore-Agency-INC-This-companey-keeps-sending-me-a-collection-notice-for-a-mag-483968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSA, North Shore Agency, INC

#1

Tell them to provide proof.....

AUTHOR: Juiced - (U.S.A.)

Contact them (NSA) and ask for proof of the debt.  Not the collection notice, but something with the date, how it was ordered, and such (the actual paperwork).  If I remeber right, the National Enquirer is printed by a parent company, did you contact the magazine or the parent company?  If NSA dos not provide proof of the debt, send them a certified letter stating that since no proof of the debt was provided, that further collection actions would be illegal and would be forwarded to proper agencies and also refered to your lawyer.  If they do provide proof, then it gives you a better basis for disputing the debt if it isn't yours.

I'm sure this isn't the proper way many people have to dispute a debt, and some will post better responses.  But I just got done disputing this agency earlier this month, and it took me 2 months from the first notice to the letter mailed to my attorney saying they're suspending collections on the account until it is reviewed.  All it cost me was a couple of phone calls, 2 certified letters (1 asking for the proof, and 1 with the warning), and a quick stop to see my companys lawyer so he could review it and send in a certified letter himself.  It looks like I won the round so far, though I'll be l checking my credit reports monthly to see if they try to sneak it in.  Looking over all the reports about this company, I'm surprised that they haven't gotten hit with a class action suit.