Complaint Review: NSI Protection Plus And Furniture And Appliance Mart

• Submitted: Tue, November 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 25, 2008

• Reported By:Sobieski Wisconsin
NSI Protection Plus And Furniture And Appliance Mart
1180 Mid Valley Road DePere, Wisconsin U.S.A.

NSI Protection Plus And Furniture And Appliance Mart Extended Warranty Ripoff DePere Wisconsin

I purchased a Neptune Maytag Washer from Furniture and Appliance Mart in Green Bay, WI on July 2006. At the time of purchase I opted to also purchase a 2 year extended warranty service from NSI Protection Plus. I was told by Mark at Furniture and Appliance Mart that this "extended" warranty extends 2 years beyond the manufacturers warranty which was 1 year on parts and labor.

Today my washer broke down and I called the number for service under my warranty. I was told that my warranty expired July 2008 (4 months ago). Of course, since I had not recieved anything indicating this in the mail, you can imagine my surprise, when I inquired as to how a 2 year "extended" warranty could expire after owning the machine for 2 years and 4 months and the manufacturer warranty's it for the first year, I was told that the so called "extended" warranty actually overlaps with them manuf. warranty so you are actually purchasing only a 1 year warranty.

Frustrated, I inquired as to why on earth would I need an extended warranty during the first year when the manuf. is already covering parts and labor under their warranty. I was told, that's just how it works. Now I am furious that I paid for 2 years and actually only recieved 1 year of service warranty. I told them that this is very misleading as just the word "extended" implies it is beyond the existing warranty by the manufacturer and I specifically asked Mark the saleman if in fact this was beyond that manuf. warranty and he replied, yes, that would be correct.

This is an outrage disservice to the consumers who purchase these worthless plans thinking they are actually buying themselves actual usable service. I will never do business with NSI Protection of Furniture and Appliance Mart again and I would advise all consumers out their to delve into that minute unreadable fine print to find the hitch in these so called "extended"warranty services. They are a rip off!

Sobieski, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2008 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSI-Protection-Plus-And-Furniture-And-Appliance-Mart/DePere-Wisconsin-54115/NSI-Protection-Plus-And-Furniture-And-Appliance-Mart-Extended-Warranty-Ripoff-DePere-Wisco-395105. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSI Protection Plus And Furniture And Appliance Mart