Complaint Review: NSS MAGAZINES

NSS MAGAZINES
Nationwide U.S.A.

NSS MAGAZINE RIP-OFF

*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal to the NSS Employees

*UPDATE Employee: read first mail later

*UPDATE Employee: Pay Attention

PLease Please help me. For all those people who have received credit card charges from NSS Magazines, please help me. What do I need to do? How do I get the charges dropped from my credit card bill? What is the website of NSS Magazines?

I haven't been subscribing to any magazines whether they have free trials or not but to my surprise, I get a bill for not 1 but 2 $42 and it says its from NSS Magazines. I don't even have an account number and I didn't have a confirmation label. Just like that, I have 2 $42 dollar charges for something I didn't order. Please, anyone, help me get back my money. Please.

Thanks for helping me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-MAGAZINES/nationwide/NSS-MAGAZINE-RIP-OFF-14005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS MAGAZINES

Rebuttal to the NSS Employees

AUTHOR: Kelly - ()

While I do understand your point that many of your customers probably do forget to subscribing to the magazines and thus forget to cancel the subscription, this is NOT the full story. I was charged several WEEKS (not months) after ordering 3 6-month trial subscriptions. The charge, I was told, was a processing fee of $2 per magazine ($2 x 3 mags = $6). However, the ad said NOTHING about such a fee - if it had, I wouldn't have ordered the magazines! In fact, the ad said that the first 6 months were FREE. $6 doesn't seem free to me. Cheap, but not free. The reason why your customers think that they'll be getting something for nothing, is because this is what your company advertises!!! Since this isn't the case...well, it seems as if NSS practices fraudulent advertising, which is ILLEGAL. I will be filing charges with my Attorney General's office and the FTC.

read first mail later

AUTHOR: kiara - ()

If only the customers would read everything before mailing the offer back. First of all everyone responding to one of these promotions needs to look up risk-free in the dictionary. Until people know the difference between risk-free and free we're going to continue to have a problem. The only problem is the people who participate in these offers are the ones who think they're going to pull a fast one on the magazine company, I guess you could say they're trying to rip the company off. Most times the people who complain about charges for magazines they never ordered are the same people who have numerous past orders of the same nature with us, yes we do save our records! So before you fill out yet another promotion for a so called free magazine take some advice read the fine print, which by the way you have to do anyway to find the 800# you like to call so much and save us & yourself a lot of time & trouble.

Pay Attention

AUTHOR: Joan - ()

I am an employee of the accused company. First off, to those who have not personally seen one of the promotions its highly possible that it may seem like a rip off but people see "Free" and assume...well living in America I think we all know that nothing is 100 percent free. Everyone one of our promotions clearly state that at the end of your trial period if you do not call to cancel your trial subscription you will be charged our low annual subscription price which you may cancel at any time we also include our 800 number if there are any further questions.

Another point I would like to make is obviously the customer had to give out their credit card number in order for us to charge it, so before deciding if our company is a complete rip off dont read only the big letters because I seriously hope you wouldn't read only the larger print when sending your child off on a trip

p.s i understand you're upset when you call us but really you shouldn't yell at the people who are trying to help you and accuse us of doing the charging please remember we all have to make a living some how and we all cant have perfect jobs